Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I am new to this forum :)
Last week I ordered 2008 white 1.2 active petrol- however dealership now predicts delivery end of April.
I sold my 4 year peugeot convertible to them as they had a buyer for it in return I have a 107 hire car from them to use until my 2008 is delivered they are keen to get me mine asap.
However estimated delivery is now end of April. They have offered today to give me the 1.2 active diesel for the same price as I will be able to have the car mid-end of march.

What would you guys do? Which is better sticking with petrol or diesel?
I want to keep my running costs/insurance as low as possible.

I have only ever had a petrol car

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sounds like you need to stick with the order for the petrol 1.2VTiEdited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is diesel better if you do quite a lot of miles?
the deal sounds too good to be true if it's usually more expensive to purchase

·
Registered
217 Posts
yes, generally a diesel is better for long journeys and high mileage. no engine likes repeated short journeys but diesels really dont like it, add to that the inclusion of DPF's and you'd be far better off with a petrol if your a short journey person.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I swapped to Diesel a couple of years ago(Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 ) and picking up a new 2008 1.6 diesel Saturday.Best move I ever made, there are slight differences in driving diesels. there are a few comments on rocking on the forum, which I suspect they are going in 4th at 30 , it need to be around 33 and fifth just over 40.The citroen engine on my current car is probably the same as the Peugeot.

As long as your 20 minute journey is a journey( not stop start) ,it will burn off the rubbish and not impact the filter. At the end of the day when you change the CAR the resale value will be a lot better.I would go Diesel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your advice :)

I went to the garage today and it was not a 1.2 diesel it's a 1.4 diesel
So I'm still undecided re: 1.2 petrol (as originally ordered) or the 1.4 diesel.
My insurance on the 1.4 diesel is around £60 more annually.
Just need to keep costs as low as possible.
So in conclusion I am still undecided!
Thanks x

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

Your use profile does not fit with a diesel, they used to say 12K was the break point but many are saying it should be as high as 18K. My delema was the similar to yours with lots of short journeys although my total milage was double yours, diesel DPF filters and dual mass flywheels are the expensive items to replace and my experience so far with the 1.2 vti is so good I would say wait for it. The 1.4 diesel is an old engine and no match for the new 1.2 vti which is a real pleasure to drive, my last car was a diesel and I have no regrets.

Regards Richard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've made a decision finally!

I've gone for the 1.2 allure in white :):) considering ringing up tomorrow and adding the panoramic roof- not sure how much this extra is on the allure?

Got to wait till end of April but worth the wait and peugeot have given me a courtesy car to use until mine comes in as I sold them my convertible that they wanted to sell!

·
Registered
242 Posts
The roof is a extra 400 on the allure,i suspect if you add it they will have to cancel the original order and place it again which may add a delay

·
Registered
217 Posts
£400 i believe. also check your insurance, some policies cover them under "glass" meaning there the same as the windscreen, most cover them as body work (a full claim would have to be put in should it break) and some don't cover them at all.

don't let it put you off by any means as it's awesome but just check your covered and how, to prevent any nasty surprises should the worst happen. if you choose a policy where it is covered as body work (like i have currently) "protected no claims" is strongly advised.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good choice, I would have said Petrol too, they are also as economical as diesels nowadays so you are not really losing out. And you don't have the added worry of dpf, dfp of whatever they are...lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll call tomorrow and see if I add the roof on what the estimated date will be :)

Is it classed as a modification on the insurance? Does it push up insurance costs

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To add the roof it would be delivery in May/June however today they have managed to secure a 1.2 allure from group stock (must of been a cancellation or so) and it will arrive in 10 days!
Very quick!! I will inform you all and update with pics :)
Thanks for all your help xx

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hope you have more luck than me ,end of December I ordered a group stock car which was in the country. A week later it was not available and had to be built!

I am picking the car up Saturday now !

saying that there appear to be more cars being made, I suspect you be ok

1 - 16 of 16 Posts