Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Robin who is constantly checking out his reflection in my new car, he really likes the aluminium and the dark tinted windows, needless to say there is an awful lot of bird poop going with it which I am wiping off constantly. Any ideas on how to deter him? It was cute to watch him at first, but it's getting to be a real pain now.

Kate

·
Registered
184 Posts
Put a Cat on the parcel shelf

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You'd better get some extra polish on there then!

Just be grateful it isn't a seagull....whoops!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thanks Al, that's consoling, I washed and waxed it yesterday thinking the poop would be easier to get off, which it probably is but I can't be doing this everyday. I can't believe such a little fella can poop so much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Kate,

Make him happy he's probably waiting for a ride and if that doesn't work switch on the wipers that should get him to fly off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
He probably thinks it is another male and they are very territorial birds. Don't worry his need to find a mate and guard his property will soon see him engaged elsewhere. They also only have just over a year lifespan so worse case..............
As Al says at least it is not a seagul or a blackbird eating red berries at this time of year. That creates a nice acid that our paint does not like .

Mac.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Pugmania
I did think of a scarecrow attached to the aerial, that should scare everyone off

Kate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mac
Love to see the Robins in the garden , I didn't realise they had such a short life span, but this one's could be shorter!!!
Kate

·
Registered
311 Posts
@ Kate

Get Batman on the case, he'll sort Robin out ....

I'm sorry I couldn't help that. Most unhelpful comment I know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jinxx
I have a cat called Batman here, he may just be what's needed

Kate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aargh poor thing Al, the 207cc boot opened withe the key fob, no such luck on the 2008, that would have done the trick
Kate

·
Registered
311 Posts
Kate said:
Hi Jinxx
I have a cat called Batman here, he may just be what's needed

Kate

Not an unhelpful comment afterall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be glad to get back to work after my week off, I will be going to work and coming home in the dark which should keep him away for a few months. Then I'm just at risk of the scratch sand bumps in the work car park.
Kate

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try parking the car the other way round that might stop him?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Dan
The car wash looks worth a try, alternitively I drink the wine and hopefully I just won't notice the Robin for a while
Kate

·
Registered
256 Posts
Kate said:
Thanks Dan
The car wash looks worth a try, alternitively I drink the wine and hopefully I just won't notice the Robin for a while
Kate

I think thats the option I would go with :)

-Sam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts