Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends were forced to hire a 2008 Hybrid from a hire firm in Lille. They have gone cycling on the Euro Velo route. I live in Southern Hungary and they left this f......ng awful car with me. I need to move the damn thing and can start it and select drive but can't release the electronic brake. It shows up on the display panel as still in neutral even after I select either reverse or forward.

Any info would be useful . I only need to move it a few yards !

·
Registered
398 Posts
Between the chairs you have the handbrake...press the button, lift it up a little, then lower it down at maximum.If you have started the engine, than you must be with the brake pedal pressed and the gear is in N...after the engine started, lower the handbrake as I told you, than put the gear in A (just get the gear knob in A position - oriented to the back of the car), than release the the brake pedal and accelerate...
If the car was parked a little long time, you must press a little hard the acceleration, in order to unblock the back wheels (the handbrake usually tends to stick the brake to the plate- disk...so need a little more acceleration)...
If you want to reverse, put the gear to Reverse, and accelerate.

PS. Of course is a fxxxxing car...this is why we all buy it...for f..ing...For glory and speed, buy a BMW... :)))))
PPS...Are you sure you have the driver permit ???

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't think there is a 2008 hybrid.Are you sure the f.....ing awful car you have us not a 3008?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Read the f.....ing manual.You can find one one Peugeot's Web site, if not there are links to the manual download location on this forum.But it will help to know what car you have hired first. Edited by: burty

·
Registered
273 Posts
There is a 2008 hybrid available on the continent. I had a 3008 with electronic handbrake and you don't have to do anything. It just releases automatically as you pull away. It also comes on automatically when you switch off the engine.It was a great feature and would go a long way to helping with hill starts on the EGC 2008.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts