Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a virgin 2008 poster, please be gentle with me.I'm seriously considering buying a 1.6e HDi EGC Allure 2008. I welcome any comments positive or negative regarding this model. The main reason that I am stalling on ordering is that I want the EGC gearbox but the dealer doesn't have one that I can test drive and I know that auto gearboxes can be a bit jerky. Can anybody reassure me on this? also I have noticed that the headroom is a bit tight with the optional sunroof, which is the only option that I was going to add. Is there much extra headroom without the sunroof. Thanks in anticipation of your replies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have not even sat in one and ordered one. Gut feeling says it's right for me. Will report back end of Feb when it arrives.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Didn't order one with the roof but took one for the test drive i'm 6' and I had plenty of head room and I am used to big open airy 7 seater chevy orlando, can't say about the auto cos I ordered a 6 speed manual and test drove a manual. The guy was a little shocked when I wheel spun it, I explained I like a nippy car and wanted to see how it performed. lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
The panoramic roof is great, opens up the inside well. Got the 1.6 115 diesel manual so can't comment in the semi auto s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am fairly new here too, I have been reading various posts on this forum which has been really
Useful, I was waiting 5 months for my car and finally picked up my allure with special roof and sat Nav this week.
When I drove it for the first time it was really different from a normal automatic car however after a few mins it improves and you get used to it, it seems to get used to the way you drive. I have the diesel version. I love it already and so far was the best car choice I have ever made. If you need any help let me know, good luck with your choices

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi MickyBoy and welcome.

I think the EGC is brilliant.

Slick and smooth gear changes whether you leave it to operate automatically or use the gear lever in manual mode or use the steering wheel paddles to shift the gears up or down (and you can use the paddles in both manual and auto modes).

The six speed gearbox is extremely good.

Ample headroom with the panoramic roof as you can adjust the seat height to suit the driver. I'm 6' 1" and don't have a problem.

I can recommend it.

Al.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies. It's good to hear positive remarks on the EGC gearbox, that's reassuring. With regards to the panoramic roof I am more concerned about headroom for the back seat passengers as there is less height than in the front. I was able to sit in a 2008 without a panoramic roof yesterday and there certainly seemed more headroom than the one with one. Also I think now that I would prefer one without a panoramic roof now, as the blind is only like a netting and I assume that it will not keep out bright sunlight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts