Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just collected my new allure on Saturday, very pleased with it. Peugeot have done good on this car! :)
Quick question:
my stop/start doesn't seem to go into stop mode even though I have been on a run. The small eco sign displays and then goes off... so is it suppose to go into stop mode then?? Its all new to me this system. I have browsed items on this site and surely it can't be the battery? I am not using anything that needs a great deal of power either.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi flyingbarty,

Welcome.

To answer your question, yes, it would normally go into stop start when the ECO light lights. The reason it doesn't is that it 'thinks' there is one or more things that are not good enough to allow it. The system checks certain parameters, such as battery voltage, temperature etc (there is a list in the manual). I would suggest checking the manual and trying to eliminate things that might stop it, like turning the aircon off.

What gearbox do you have? Stop start operation varies between models dependent on the gearbox type.

For what it is worth. Mine always goes into stop start even at night, when I stop at the top of the road and might have only been running for maybe 2 miles. Sometimes it restarts the engine after a few seconds though, The most common cause of that is that it's particularly hot outside and the aircon is running. (Not a problem now this time of year :) )

I think we have had some owners reporting similar to you, but I don't recall any information being posted if anyone found out why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you burty, that's really helpful and will bare that in mind.
Its strange because after writing this post yesterday andwith another quick 23 mile trip up the motorway last night, as I came off my junction and stopped at the traffic lights... guess what the stop/start kicked in for the very first time and its been doing it merrily since. I can only think that the battery is now fully charged after waiting around before I bought the car?? I will never know, but thanks anyway. One happy customer!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts