Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Had a new 2008 GT/L 1.2l 130 delivered two weeks ago today and really pleased with it! Lovely to drive and looks fab. That being said, it only had to ‘out do’ a 13 y/o 207! My only complaint is that 2nd gear (manual) has a bit of a clunk to it occasionally - not sure if that’s just me?

Being a proud new owner, I’ve already given the inside a good cleaning and found that the piano black on the console scratches so easily :eek: Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to stop it getting worse, or clear those that are already there?

Have already had a look through some threads and some really helpful conversations, so thanks for having me!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello and welcome, thats a fine looking car!
I'd also be a little miffed with the way the trim has scratched so easily, unfortunatly there's nothing that springs to mind to you.help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply and sorry for taking a while to get back to you! I’m really pleased with it, lovely to drive and would recommend to anyone. I’ve found that some windowlene and a micro fibre towel does a good job on the piano black without making any new scratches. I’ve cleaned it twice since (I’m not paranoid, just a long story involving a a rogue Jammy Doger) and it seems to work quite well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have same cat and concur about the black plastic trim. It's a nightmare. I picked my car up new from Robins & Day preston and the trim was scratched to **** so i kicked off and they are placing it. Peugeot should offer the grey wood effect trim like they do in Europe. Sooner they do the better. I have 1.2 GTline 155bhp petrol. Just wondered what type of mpg you achieve. On a recent run down to London i achieved 56 mpg which i find hard to believe as above stated wltp figures

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I have same cat and concur about the black plastic trim. It's a nightmare. I picked my car up new from Robins & Day preston and the trim was scratched to **** so i kicked off and they are placing it. Peugeot should offer the grey wood effect trim like they do in Europe. Sooner they do the better. I have 1.2 GTline 155bhp petrol. Just wondered what type of mpg you achieve. On a recent run down to London i achieved 56 mpg which i find hard to believe as above stated wltp figures
Funnily enough I bought mine from the same place! I have to say mine came in pristine condition (really couldn’t complain) and unfortunately the scratches were inflicted by me! Windowlene and a soft cloth seems to stop anymore occurring so I’m going to stick with that for now 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they tell you seats have in-built lumbar support. As long as my ass points south there is no lumbar support on seats in gt line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No they didn’t tell me that but equally I didn’t ask either. It would be quite nice as the seats are mega comfy but sometimes lumbar would be extra nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts