Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello as it looks like I'm about to order a 2008 Allure.

We went to a viewing the other evening and I really liked it.

Slightly smaller than the Qashqai that I have had for the past 4 years, but bigger than my wife's 206.

We are thinking of just moving to a single car now but as my wife's 206 is almost like new, we may keep hers.

Pictures taken in Feb this year.

She's just coming up to her 11th birthday and has just over 28,000 miles on her now.

I'm looking forward to my test drive in the new 2008 on the 8th June.

I've been an active member on the Qashqai Club so I hope I can migrate over to this new 2008 Owners Club without too much sadness as I have many friends on there.

Hopefully I'll settle in on here soon.

Roll-on the test drive.

Al.

PS: Love this format as it's the same as the Qashqai Club and it works very well. Very 'user friendly'.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi Al,Welcome along
. I was about to say this forum uses the same software as the QQ one and I know 'craigfishin' from over there as well. Hopefully as this forum grows it will become a useful resource too.

I like your 206 - it looks very well maintained. It would be a shame to sell as I bet you would get next to nothing back either.

back on to the 2008 - what are you looking at getting?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan, thank's for the welcome.

Not many members yet but that will soon change as soon as the 2008 becomes readily available.

Craigfishin' has always been a great help on the forum. Great guy.

I've posted the new 2008 details and I guess you will have seen them by now.

Hope the test drive goes well, I will be sorry to see my Qq go but it's only done around 5900 miles in 4 years.

I must have waxed it more times than I've driven it!

That also still looks like new but I can't justify having two cars when we can quite easily manage with one, although I really think we may as well keep the 206 for what we will get for it.

Once a few more members get active we can no doubt get some threads going for keeping the cars looking like new and upgrading lighting etc.....although we'll have a job doing anything to better the LED laser etched roof lining in the Allure!

If I have any doubts after the test drive then I reckon I'll be staying with the Qashqai as it is a lovely car.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You weren't tempted to replace both cars with something from Nissan like the Juke then Al? It seems that many reviewers consider the 2008 and Juke to be in the same market space.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Nissan garage only offered the same as the Peugeot garage for my Qq and they refused to give me any discount on the new Juke.

The Nissan garage is also in Coventry whereas the Peugeot garage is here in Rugby. I can walk there in 20mins.

I did have a ride in a Juke and it was very cramped (especially in the rear).

It has a very firm ride, you feel a thud going over a matchstick.

The boot is very small.

Oh, one other point, it's very ugly. Looks like a frog having a dump.

Other than those observations it's OK.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took me all of one nanosecond to decide.

PS: Hey, I'm a Groupie.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought the Juke was a bit funky but the front looks a little odd.

I also heard it is not that good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts