Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Fran,

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about Mik, since he got eaten by the cat he's not been himself and he struggles putting more than two words together with any coherent sense.

What he meant to say was;

Welcome Fran, its nice to have people on our Forum from Europe who enjoy driving these great cars. Will you have long to wait for your car.
<ul>[*]What model is it you have ordered
[*]What colour is it
[*]has it got a proper gearbox
[*]and will it have any accessories like, what colour "Pyjama's", will it have a "Louis
Vuittonhandbag", will you be ordering a "knob warmer" for it.
[*]And finally don't read the handbook as you can always ask questions on here because if you don't we won't have anything to complain about.
[/list]Fran, its good to have you with us and I see you live in a lovely part of Spain. That's a great city it is a while since I was there. The temperature should be around 30 degs the sun will be shining everyday, the San Miguel's will be cold to drink ....I have some great memories of Granada. Do they still have that carnival at the end of August in the main square where all the women wear "Green Tights" and carry little "Bows & Arrows".We have an event just like that here in England....hmmmmm enough said.
Do you do free Bed & Breakfast I must come out and visit.

Have a good day and we hope you don't have to wait long for your car

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, one week is what I was told but that was five weeks ago......however considering I got a 307 SW to kill the time (for free!) I do not complain.friendly greetings

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Uncletone,

That sure is a warm welcome. To jump first to your punch line ......no, no free (neither not free) B&B, sorry.

My choice of car was inspired by a reasonable trust in Peugeot, a hopeless dirt road to reach my house (in the Sierra Nevada) being sick and tired of the endless repairs of the Mitsubishis 4x4 and finally......no idea, got out of reasons, wonder if I did right or wrong in the big scheme of things on earth and so on.

A white Acces 1,2 PureTech 82 ....lets wait and see, have high hopes (never clever, I know)

And yes the beverages in Granada (I missed this green tights thing?) are great and it has been close and many times over 40 so I ordered an airco as extra (might be life saving here).

I suppose I am an exception in the "extra´s" department (on the lower side that is)....proper gearbox....yes. Anything I should have ordered or still have to?

Friendly greetings.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Fran,

Welcome to the forum! Lucky you to get a free temporary 307 but I bet you can't wait to get your 2008?

If you have any questions then just ask, there are lots of very knowledgeable people on here. I see you have met the Chuckle Brothers (**** and Tony). Don't worry about their humour, you get used to it in time...

Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again......

Finally my car arrived! I was happy to see that the long wait was not for nothing, by that time the "baby" 2008 acces 1.2 pure tech had grown to a "young man" 2008 allure 1.6 e-hdi. So I do not have to change diapers and can directly go to adult stuff.......
The car is great......Granada´s steep Sierra Nevada slopes no problem (5 gear manual) very firm grip....inside plenty of room and comfort....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Fran,

My how the baby has grown. Sounds great, so if the Baby has now grown uo does that mean you will have room for a visitor for B&B?

I must admit they are comfortable and you have the benefit of a manual gearbox good choice.

We look forward to hearing of your many excursions to the Nevada Slopes with some great photo's

Good to have you back we've missed you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fran, don't offer the B&B for free to Tony...He can afford it...just say a round number, to negotiate with him...like 100 pounds...and drop maximum 10%, because if your BB is cheaper than his, you cannot get rid of him :))))))

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Difficulty uploading pictures....sorry
The picture appears in miniature, but after "upload" it does not appear anymore, when trying again it says the picture is in the (my) upload folder ...... no idea how to proceed from there or where to locate this folder (macbook air)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First week impression.

Stunned by this little car. Exceeds all expectations. Mainly mountain roads, highway and some dirt road......incredible grip (17´all season) hair pins which caused me problems with the mitsubishi´s 4x4, the 307 and the vw polo seem peanuts for the 2008, the 1.6 e hdi delivers nicely. Steering very cool, direct and light but at the same time nice resistance.
brakes are simply incredible, tested them downhill going fast....standstill came so quick that I fear to become overconfident...
2 sec delay on brakes when on a slope survey me great since I park on a slope.
Grip control not tested till now.....waiting for the snow or rain which are for later in the year

Add the smooth spacy interior especially at night....great airco....nice back view with excellent mirrors that work perfectly together.....

ok sound quality....not that great and the S&S....though great idea....gets a bit to present
to my taste.

best to you all guys.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Fran,

It's good to hear from you and that you and the 2008 are getting along nicely.

You said you were on 17" All Season Tyres, whose make are they.

Also I agree the Stop / Start can be a little bit of a pain especially around town and roundabouts. Madam has now decided to switch it off everytime she starts the car. I must admit I forget sometimes.

Also with regards to the sound quality, Andrew (Burty) started a post about replacing the speakers, he went for the "Hertz ESK165.5 component speakers."

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/music-quality_topic758.html#.Vgq0RuxViko

I must admit I ordered some and they are good. You could replace yours with some replacement Alpine Units which perhaps don't give the same quality but aredefinitelybetter than the standard ones and a lot cheaper than the Hertz Speakers.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,Thnx for all the tips, speakers, LED etc. Great to have so much help...!
The 17´ All Seasons are GoodYear (I think this is standard is it?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts