Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an allure 1.6 egc stop start and the hill start does not seem to function, I can stop on a slope and when I take foot off the footbrake engine starts and car rolls back before I can get onto accelerator.

I thought it was supposed to give you 2 seconds to hold car?????????

Anyone else found this.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It depends upon the gradient.

If the slope is not very steep then the hill assist does not operate.

I've have had a couple of surprises expecting it to operate.

If you get the 'ESP' or 'SERVICE' warning show in amber then there could be a fault and you should contact your dealer.

Unfortunately the hand book doesn't state how steep the incline should be!!

Al.

NB: The hill assist is not available on the 1.4HDi 70 or 1.2VTi engines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Why would slope be a criteria why not work even on the flat it would make no difference, you could at least rely on it.

I will find a steeper slope and try it out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This works fine for me. I stopped on a reasonable incline today (not particularly steep) and it kicked in when I took my foot off the brake. This has worked before on several occasions. 2 seconds is plenty of time. I think it works really well.

I think with regard to incline, if the slope is not steep, the assumption is the car will hardly roll so no point deploying the technology in that case.

·
Registered
540 Posts
jcproudlove said:
Interesting. Why would slope be a criteria why not work even on the flat it would make no difference, you could at least rely on it.

I will find a steeper slope and try it out.
It works via the ESP System so the car needs to 'sense' it is on a slope in the same way it would 'sense' impending doom and operate the ESP to assist. HSA works exactly the same on our Picasso and you can force it to work by standing hard on the brake before taking your foot off. It also works going down hill too and in reverse for anyone who has not noticed.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
....................It also works going down hill too and in reverse for anyone who has not noticed.

Diagram here:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I copy and paste a comment from clichuk on the Peugeot forums with regard to a 3008.

when i come to a standstill on a fairly steep hill, i break, the engine stops,
then when i lift my foot off the break i <a href="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php?r=5316&m=1046747013&q=n&rdgt=1387727166&it=1387899966&et=1388331966&priceret=38.00&pg=~~3&k=d9aaec1d2938396e564d67c1fe37e770&source=feed&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamazon%2Ecom%2Fdp%2FB00546KUDM%2Fref%3Dasc%5Fdf%5FB00546KUDM2788672%3Fsmid%3DA2DILQZLMPRJFH%26tag%3Dpgmp%2D51%2D01%2D20%26linkCode%3Dasn%26creative%3D395109%26creativeASIN%3DB00546KUDM&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">roll
back
</a> straight away until the engine kicks in and i can
accelerate.
if i do exactly the same but disable the eco mode so the engine
dose not turn off, the hill start works and there is no roll back.
the
service department have said the car is working within its operating parameters
and suggested two things:
1. use the hand break. this is fine but as soon as
you apply the hand brake the engine runs meaning the start stop tech is a waist
of time.
2. be quicker getting my foot on the accelerator.

This is my problem and it appears to be a combination of EGC and Stop Start I know now you cannot assume its going to work.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ah yes, C4 Picasso owners with the newer e-HDI engines complain of an issue with the stop-start not working with hill start assist - apparently the newer e-HDI engines that cut out at 6 mph don't work well with the ETC (EGC) tech.Edited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
of time.
Does it really do that? Mine is a manual and if the engine has stopped running for Eco mode and I apply the handbrake it doesn't start up.Why would it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
of time.
Does it really do that? Mine is a manual and if the engine has stopped running for Eco mode and I apply the handbrake it doesn't start up.Why would it?
It's not the application of the handbrake that starts the engine but the release of the foot brake that does it. In a manual car it is dipping your foot on the clutch so you can sit with the car in neutral, foot off clutch and handbrake on, but Ina car without the clutch pedal it assumes you only take your foot off the brake to move.

Also, HSA does not work if the car is released from the handbrake, it only happens when release from the foot brake - it's a function of the ESP system rather than the brakes alone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find jf u turn ECO off it sometimes works - like too much fkr car computer to take in so something gotta give scenario

Also i find u have to hard stamp on brake pedal to activate it.not good for ur brakes.

V dangerous when in traffic as roll collision based on how close car in front of behind is.

I am disabled with both legs weakened so have EGC. But find myself with left foot on brake right on throttle and left hand on parking handbrake. Juggling between all 3 to ensure car doesnt roll etc

Parking on a hill with EGC and ECO plus HSA is a complete art in itself trying to manouevere from space not hitting either car in front or behind and juggling pedals.

Even with ECO off stamping brake i dont have ANY confidence driving the 2008 nor do i feel safe! Anyone else or confident or feel u safe

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hill assist works like a dream, I have manual though. It always activate s even the slightest slope and with the lightest touch of the pedal when stationery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts