Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the peugeot garage rang me the other day to let me know that my car will be delivered this week and then next week it should be ready for collection!!! yay!!! you wont hear this much on hear but unfortunately it's turned up a lot earlier than expected!!

this being my very first brand new car and wanting the whole "new" experience i childishly tried to plan delivery for the release of the new 14 plates in march. but its looking like ive come up 5 days short lol!!

how ever I made a quick call back to the dealership and explained that it was my first "new" car and i was a little excited, id placed the order in 2014, it was built in 2014, i'd be collecting it in 2014 so was there any chance i could delay collection for 5 days so i could have 14 plates? (unlikely id be able to collect until then anyway) we had a bit of a laugh at my "kid at christmas" attitude to the car and he said it shouldnt be a problem but he would have to check with the admin guys.

fingers crossed when i call tomorrow it's all good!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I ordered mine in December for March delivery mine as arrived today my dealer pentagon in Scunthorpe are holding my car until March 1st for 14 plate as it was put on order form hope this helps
Daz

1.2 allure cumulus grey pan roof sat nav and heated seats

·
Registered
540 Posts
jonnyg30 said:
fingers crossed when i call tomorrow it's all good! 
Unless you got a specifically good deal by agreeing to take the car in February, then TELL them you want a March 1st delivery - they won't be doing you a favour, it's your right. Handily 1st March and 1st September are both towards the end of business quarters so often completing sales in Feb isn't such an issue for dealers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after being told at point of sale my car would have 14 plates i was somewhat very angry to fin out today that its already had a 63 plate allocated to it and there sorry!!!!

angry and disappointed doesn't describe my feelings!!! the car isnt even at the dealership yet!!!

it was the one thing i asked for!! i didnt want mats or accessories i didnt want fuel in the tank i wanted a 14 plate and they screwed it up and the best i got is "sorry, oh by the way your finance paperwork hasnt been put through either"

·
Registered
540 Posts
Go postal at the dealership - they should agree a delivery date with you before completing the paperwork - I'm not sure if it can be undone (I don't think it can) but I'd be sorely tempted to insist on recompense for the effect it will have on the value (a few hundred should cover it) - not ideal but better than nothing...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i should be getting a call from the area manager tomorrow to see what can be done. up till now i have been peugeots perfect customer, i have literally not badgered, pestered, haggled or demanded for ANYTHING other than 14 plates it was my ONLY desire! so how they have managed to mess it up i will never know!! but it will change tomorrow!! tbh compo isnt at the front of my mind i just want what was originally sold to me and i agreed to buy.

some people may think im being a little melodramatic over something like plates but i am not a greedy man by any means and i have simple pleasures, i work in the forces and it is rare anything "good" comes my way and when it does there's usually a catch. the car on new plates was going to be mine and my wifes little "feel good" present to ourselves after many years saving up or we'd have saved a bucket load and bought used. can anyone honestly say driving away in a brand new car on the newest plates isn't something that would feel amazing? i just feel the "best/fun" part of owning a brand new car has been robbed from us. no one should feel disappointed about their new car before they have even seen it! i would be more understanding if it were months or weeks away from plate change over but 5-6 days?!?!?!

Edited by: jonnyg30

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had some good news today!! the area manager never called but my salesman did. strangely enough he had managed to have a word with the admin staff and my car will now be held until march 1st and supplied with 14 plates. epic result!!!

my only question is why?? if it was so simple to do why did i have to get angry and start demanding to talk to the manager? why couldnt it have just been done when i first mentioned it? either ways it's now in the past and the result is all that matters. me and my wife are over the moon (again)

looks like i'll be joining you in your ritual on march 1st daz!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Excellent news - I'd have thought that obscenity had been registered it would be too late - I've never bought a new car, the 2008 will be our first, but we'll be aiming for a plate change date which will hopefully be September this year although being sad the registered date needs to be he 2nd as that's my birthday!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my first "new" car too mate hence why i wanted the plates so badly! wanted to know what it felt like just once in my life haha!! i dont think it was fully registered, more the internal staff ear marked it for a certain plate or they wouldn't have been able to do it. just annoying they couldnt have just changed it in the first place without me having to get mad!!

best thing to do is time your order so it will arrive just before plate change and ask them to hold it for a sept 2nd pick up on new plates. just make sure they are fully aware you want the new plates!! it's not fool proof as i have proven but they should be able to do it for you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great Result......well done.

I was in similar position. Ordered in Nov, and mine came last week. I did ask, but they didn't really commit, and before I knew it I got the call to say it was ready !!!

I did wonder if the dealer holds cars back purposely and releases them when they need to hit their sales targets. I imagine Feb could be a tough month for sales as people may just hang fire for the March plates.

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOV!!!! wow!! i really was lucky, didnt order mine til jan and its being delivered end of this week!! hope they didnt cut any corners in the build lol!! to be honest debs i think you may be right. after my little rant they managed to change them in a matter of hours so it couldn't have been that difficult to do!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just been to dealer and had a look at my car very impressed with it even more so that dealer is delivering mine on the afternoon before march 1st so i can go out in it straight away on the sat

Daz
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i've got to go and collect mine and do all the ppwk and stuff on the sat so will have to sit there doing the boring stuff knowing it's sat metres away begging to be driven lol. i think the worst thing will be getting shown the car then taken away from it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts