Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

How Long Should It Take

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Carlmm67hxs 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Proud owner of a 2008 GT Line as of yesterday. 1st Peugeot, finally can spell it, and really impressed.

Anyway, got the mypeugeot app which indicates two updates available, software and Nav. Duly downloaded, 66 mins, formatted and uploaded to stick, 21 mins.

popped into car, software updated no problem, must have taken an hour plus. However it will not take the maps which is 16gb of data. Anyone know how long this should take to upload into the car. Obviously left with no satnav so not good. Any suggestions on methods to make this work. Is it possible to do without the engine running as sitting there hour on hour burning fuel isnt good.

your input would be much appreciated.

#4 ·
Hi all,
Proud owner of a 2008 GT Line as of yesterday. 1st Peugeot, finally can spell it, and really impressed.

Anyway, got the mypeugeot app which indicates two updates available, software and Nav. Duly downloaded, 66 mins, formatted and uploaded to stick, 21 mins.

popped into car, software updated no problem, must have taken an hour plus. However it will not take the maps which is 16gb of data. Anyone know how long this should take to upload into the car. Obviously left with no satnav so not good. Any suggestions on methods to make this work. Is it possible to do without the engine running as sitting there hour on hour burning fuel isnt good.

your input would be much appreciated.
Hi all,
I down loaded it and started up the engine got my bucket out and washed the car - approx 20 minutes - make sure your stick is formatted with out any other stuff on it before down loading the update, I had to use my son's apple pc as my MacBook laptop was not up to the download ?
Hope that is of some use for you.
Regards Carl 2008 GT Line and Loving it but will not be using Peugeot dealers again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.