Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you check on this website you will see how many of any particular models are registered in the UK. You will see that the 2008 is not a particularly popular vehicle especially those of us who have had them since 2013. Those of you who follow this forum will know that I AM LESS THAN IMPRESSED WITH MINE AND WILL CERTAINLY BE BUYING SOMETHING ELSE THIS YEAR BUT IT MAY HELP YOUR PERSPECTIVE IF YOU REALISE HOW FEW OF THEM THER ARE OUT THEREhttps://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Luckily Peugeot's engineering is better than my typing. I blame the wine.!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
There are loads of them where I live, numbers seem to have increased around here throughout 2015.

I had my eye on buying one for some time (about 18 months) but I had heard about the new Puretech petrol engine and deliberately waited until it was launched.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
In Europe and Worldwide the 2008 is a strong seller. It's hard to tell whether that is reflected in the UK, but given by the number of 2008s I now see on the road it appears to be one of Peugeot's best sellers in the UK too.

It is possible to get accurate figures from the SMMT but you need an account to get sales figures by model.

Obviously this report may not be totally objective but: http://www.peugeot.co.uk/news/psa-peugeot-citroen-worldwide-sales-up-in-2015/

Peugeot sales increased by 9.4% to 1,056,000 units, thanks in particular to the excellent performance of the
<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line;">Peugeot 308[/b](up 31%), supported by the solid results of the
<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line;">Peugeot 2008[/b](up 11% in its third consecutive year of growth) and the
<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line;">Peugeot 208[/b](up 10%). The 2008 and 308 were both in the top three of their respective segments in Europe. The most significant gains were made in the Netherlands (up 25% or 10,500 units), Spain (up 24% or 19,900 units), Italy (up 21% or 17,500 units) and France (up 7% or 23,900 units).

·
Registered
79 Posts
howmanyleft.co.uk show Peugeot 2008 sales up every year for every specification since it was launched, 2015 was particularly a good year sales wise.
What are the main negativeissues you have encountered Pilot with your 2008 ?
Does leasing cause more of a problem trying to fix issues when compared to buying ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No leasing is no different from buying. I have had endless problems with my ecg box and I think that several of the design features are especially bad. Handbrake, tailgate and info screen particularly. Most have already been discussed on the forum. I am not anti Peugeot, my last car was a 3008 which is a much better car. The general build quality of the car is good but the service I have received from my dealer poor' Unlike others on the forum I still very rarely see another .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes the original ecg box wasn't fit for purpose, I can see why you're unhappy about it.The handbrake is weird to say the least, a conventional one is far better. What are the issues with the tailgate and info screen ?

Is there another dealer you can go to or are they too far away ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find the tailgate release hard to find and operate Once open I find ithard to reach up to close and my wife cannot reach at all I can only get one full size case in the bootand the parcel shelf just lying there is a confounded nuisance. The info screen frequently 'freezes', the radio suddenly switches to the usb music uncommanded . attention has to be taken from driving to operate or view functions. (this last not unique to the 2008). My nearest dealer is a 20 mile round trip and the next nearest nearer 50. I was in the motor trade for most of my working life and the main dealers were our weakest link by far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agree entirely with Kate. Very pleased with mine. A few things could be better, but overall I'm glad I waited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts