Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anybody can answer this question for me please.

How many keys do you receive with a 2008 Allure please? We received one remote key/fob and one regular key. I would have thought the car should come with two remote key/fobs but the sales guy said no. Also the sales guy guessed at around £350 for a new remote key/fob and the programming, is that anywhere near.

Cheers

·
Registered
540 Posts
Don't know on the price (although it seems a touch steep) but yes, only Feline models get a second 'proper' key as the alarm they get wont work with the simple key. It's pure tight-waddedness on Peugeot's behalf to be honest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You get one remote electronic type and one old style manual and have to pay about £140 for a second remote one, that's £98 for the key and the rest programming charge. Had to buy one because my wife seems unable to lock a car with a standard key!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got 3 keys, 2 fob and1 normal, but had a big fight with Arnold Clark to get 2 fobs the guy who came to code the second key said it was costing them £180!

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea 1 fob and 1 spare key it is around £160 - £200 for a new fob depending on dealerships :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone, a key still seems expensive but much better than the figure the sales guy suggested. Thanks also for confirming we only get one remote key, I was worried there was a lost one somewhere. Does seem a bit tight to only provide one remote key, we've always had two sets of remotes with all the cars we've owned. At least we know now

Edited by: First Pug

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just collected our Allure last Saturday. Comes with a fob and a spare key. Cost to order another fob is £200

·
Registered
112 Posts
More on the keys supplied, All models without the alarm get one PLIP key and one normal key
If the optional Alarm is ordered, 2 plip keys will be supplied.

All Feline models have the alarm as standard, hence they get 2 plip keys supplied.

I got a second plip key for around the £120 mark from the dealer, £80 for the key and £40 for programing, note all keys are required by the dealer at the programming stage.
Third party suppliers can beat this price, but not by much, and the extra key body would be a different shape/style, which is why I went for the official key.

And yes Peugeot do seam stingy only giving one plip key on the "Lower" models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts