Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was thinking we should have a few "How To Do's" you know the type of things that will help you as you go about driving or looking after our favourite car

We could have such titles as

What Attire To be Seen In When Out & About
<ul>[*]What Colour Pyjama's To Wear[*]What Denier Would Your "Green Tights" Be[*]The Best Make Of Handbag or Crutch, or is that Clutch, how do I know[*]Two or Three Strings In Your Bow[/list]

What Music To Listen To When Out Such As
<ul>[*]'I'm In Love With the Girl On the Manchester Virgin Megastore Check-Out Desk'
| http://diffuser.fm/songs-about-shopping/?trackback=tsmclip
[/list]

<ul>[*]Anything Rolling Around In The Footwell, seems to be popular with our London Members
[*]Three Wheels On My Wagon.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghKdGn8h5A
[/list]

How To Wash & Polish Your Car

<ul>[*]Share A Tap And Save Water
[*]Chammy In The Rain To Save On Shampoo
[*]How To Put Scratches In Your Paintwork., use Meguairs Waterless Wash & Wax
[/list]

A 1001 Questions To Ask Without Reading Your Handbook

<ul>[*]Which End To Put The Fuel In
[*]Is Oil ReallyNecessary
[*]How To Run Your Engine In. One Easy Lesson, (Rev It To 9500 rpm in 1st Gear and Drop The Clutch)
[*]Do my Tyres Really Need to Pumped Up
[*]Can I run My 1.6 HDi on Super Unleaded
[*]How Does My Speed Limiter Work (Ask A Fisherman - Skipper Mike)
[*]Will Being Grumpy Help myGearboxTo Work (Ask A Pilot)
[/list]

How To Be Green

<ul>[*]To Save On Electricity, sit out in your car at night
[*]To Save Fuel, When travelling downhill switch off the ignition and put the car in neutral, or
[*]Buy some sneakers and instead Of Driving Anywhere Park Up And Run Round The Park (only the Irish would do that.
[*]Put Your Goldfish In The Pond With The Cat (saves on goldfish & cat food)
[*]Save On Greenhouse Gasses by Switching off the Air-Con In The height Of Summer. (Works exceptionally well especially with a Female passenger)
[/list]

The Best Makeup To Wear

<ul>[*]

[/list]

These Are Just A Few And Finally

<ul>[*]I'll Leave The Rest Up To You Guys To Add Any You Feel Are Worthy
[/list]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Were you bored tonight Tone?!

I would like to recommend a category:

How Not To Ask For Help On This Forum

- describe the 2008 as a "f....ng awful car" and then expect advice to be forthcoming regarding how to get "the damn thing" to move. I would quite like Pilot to advise him to "read the f....ng handbook"....

Just a thought......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kate,

I'm shocked !!!!

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm so awfully sorry.....

Lol

P.s. I don't think for one moment that Pilot would use such language but it was a nice thought......Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Tone; if you don't know the answers to those questions at your age then there's no hope.....although you may have known when you were younger but age has a nasty habit of making your memory fail.

I should know as I said to my lovely wife of 49 years marriage "Do fancy a bit of a cuddle?"

She replied "You've had it!".

Well I'm blowed if I could remember having it.

Al.

Kate; I thought the same thing. I was going to post a suitable reply in the same vein but decided not to bother and just leavehim hanging there.

Al.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very good Tone. And those pictures!
Here's a question. Not a 'How To' more a why.

Was looking at the Peugeot accessories and saw that a coolbox from them was something like £139 or so. What's so special about their coolboxes to cost so much?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kate, don't worry, I have replied to the Hungarian one...very clear for him I hope...also I have mentioned the reason why we choose the 2008...as hesays...
God, sometimes I can be a real jerk :)))))))...
Will think about all Tony says, I have some replies but need to have a proper translation so you can get the proper meaning :)))

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can help in translation, too. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been married for 45 years.(true) Until I was married I didn't know what happiness was.
But by then it was too late.!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts