Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the touchscreen on my new allure model it has an option for internet, all it says is refer to dealer, how do you get the internet as there is no dealers in Bulgaria.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You need buy a plug in dongle you MUST buy from main dealer but its dear and only available in certain countries, if get one in UK ask will it work in home country

·
Registered
398 Posts
condelp said:
you can use your phone as bluetooth hotspot. Kind of slow but works.
No, it's not...because you don't have proper functions on touchscreen in order to use BT as hotspot.
On BT you have only Media, Voice and Contacts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are we talking about the same thing here?You want internet on the touchscreen of your Peugeot 2008.

If so I say it again. Its possible and it works trought your phone hotspot.
I have an android smartphone and did it a few days ago.
Guess I must do it again and post some pics to prove it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, please do so...as I also have Samsung S2 with android, and the touchscreen does not work on internet...had tried many times, but in order to work, you need to have a device capable to tether via BT (the phone) and one capable to communicate with incoming-outgoing packages for net via BT. The touch screen does not have this capability, as standard in Fw.
So, allow me to be skeptic regarding this net over BT to touchscreen, and ask yousome pics with the settings and functionality:)...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sadly I have no strong wifi where I work so it takes a really long time to load.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">For now I can just post pics of an ongoing connection, the signal here is to weak.
<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">Later at home I post a sucessful conection to something like MSN, or google.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">First I select Internet from the menu

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">this is the next menu. Please notice the arrow on the right. If you go there...

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">An internet browser will be available. If you press it and error saying theres no devices configuredand
will ask you to configure one.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">Just select yout phone and conect it. Next select the magnifier glass on the right ...

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">select finish.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">And you're done... You peugeot its now connected to internet.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">As I said wifi here is really really slow, so that's the most I can show you for now.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">I can show you the conection being established, but that's the most i can take out this weak wifi.

<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">Hope it helped.
<div style="line-height: 9.6px;">My phone its not a top smartphone so I think most of android phones are compatible.

Edited by: condelp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally got a screenshot from the connection.I will try youtube later from a stronger wireless connection just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, you convinced me :)Nice...what can I say, my apologies for not trusting it...
But I see that you have PUG Connect Applications...thiswas not in my standard Touchscreen menu...You have PUG 3G Dongle installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does that came with sat nav?. Thats the only thing I have extra, the rest ,besides the panoramic roof and nacre white ,are standard from the peugeot 2008 style.
Maybe its a recent update... I really dont know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It works, as shown above but.... extremly slow connection. And, its not working while you are driving so, it pretty much is useless. With a smartphone you are a lot faster than with the onboard system. Plus, you can stream via BT audio from your phone. So: useless

·
Registered
91 Posts
george2104 said:
Yes, please do so...as I also have Samsung S2 with android, and the touchscreen does not work on internet...had tried many times, but in order to work, you need to have a device capable to tether via BT (the phone) and one capable to communicate with incoming-outgoing packages for net via BT. The touch screen does not have this capability, as standard in Fw.
So, allow me to be skeptic regarding this net over BT to touchscreen, and ask you some pics with the settings and functionality :)...
I had to load BlueDun on my Samsung S3 before it would be discovered/paired with my Skoda Yeti (px on 2008 Outdoor)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts