Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had our first drive out.

Went over to Peterborough to take our daughter out for lunch.

Nice quiet and comfortable journey.

Average mileage was about 3mpg when I took delivery.

It's now 46mpg which is considerably lower than I was expecting as I didn't push it at all. Varied my speed but stuck to around 65MPH.

I know everything has to 'bed-in' so I guess it will take more than 120 mile round trip to overcome the 'shuttling back and forth' at the dealers.

Just a few fly squashes on the front and they came off immediately with one wipe of my damp leather. The extra waxing did it's job.

Almost had the front wing ripped off at a roundabout by some idiot tuning right to the 3rd exit on my nearside.

We also were coming off at the 3rd exit trouble is he wanted to go right round and swung in front of us missing by a couple of inches to exit up the road we had both just left!

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Al, I collected mine today, it's the EGC the same as yours. My mileage started quite low, but was getting up to 74 after 40 miles or so. The gearbox was a bit jittery to start with as well, but again was getting smoother the further I drove the car.

Kate

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kate, the gearbox works like a dream.

Everything works so smoothly.

Not too keen on the 'eco' stop-start mode though. Might just use that in town or when in very slow moving traffic. Coming up to a dual carriage roundabout and getting real slow to judge entry and the engine stops and then starts but you lose the initial pick-up you're expecting.

Guess I need to be a bit more selective when to press the 'eco' button to activate it.

Used the 'Park Assist' to exit where I'd parked and it worked like magic. Very impressed.

Tested the Sat-Nav and found the voice a bit quiet if the radio is on. It quietens the radio and you get the instruction but I need to see whether I can increase the voice-over volume as it mingles a bit with the radio.

I'll have a look at that tomorrow. I think I did find something about it today whilst I was trolling through some other settings.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah; just read the handbook and found the setting mode for 'Voice Synthesis':

Settings - Audio Settings - Voice synthesis. This enables you to......

Choose the volume for the voice and announcement of street names.

That should be the one.

Al.

PS: ....not forgetting, of course, to hit the 'CONFIRM' button before exiting!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think your right, it is the Eco thingy that makes it slow to pull away at junctions etc, I will try it without tomorrow. I found the sat-nav to quiet as well, still playing with the sat-nav , frustrating it doesn't take the full post code. I found out how to turn the radio off though and I have my I phone set up for calls and music now.

That must have shaken you up with the incident at the roundabout,

Kate

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of the advantages of a V8 Discovery is that people absolutely will not cut you up. One of the disadvantages is the 12 MPG about town, so I think we'll be using the 2008 for urban duties.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was a bit close, for the next few minutes I was wondering how I would have reacted [email protected]#!!!

Remember that if you de-activate the 'eco' then your clutch will be held open when stopped at lights/crossings etc just like holding your foot down on the clutch pedal on a normal gearchange car.

This could cause un-necessary wear.

Just remember to re-engage 'eco' when in that town/city situation.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don Bernard said:
One of the advantages of a V8 Discovery is that people absolutely will not cut you up. One of the disadvantages is the 12 MPG about town, so I think we'll be using the 2008 for urban duties.

...spot on there, Don.

I once borrowed a friends big 4x4 and I was amazed how courteous other drivers were at letting me go first.

They must bring out the best in other drivers!

Al.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I haven' worked out how to do-engage Eco yet, is it on the navigation screen?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a button just to the right of the steering wheel on the fascia marked 'eco off'.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh yes just found it in the manual, I will keep it on for now, I think I just need to get used to the car, it is joust the slight hesitation when pulling away

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, Kate, another way to alter the volume of the Sat Nav is to alter from the screen volume knob whilst it is giving directions this saves guessing the volume you want and is easier.You have to do it whist it is giving directions or you just make he radio or whatever is running music wise louder instead.

My Eco stop only comes in when I go to neutral so have managed to get used to it now. When I touch the clutch to select gear it starts instantly before I even get the gear in place.If you release the brake on an EGC and go to handbrake will it restart if you touch the foot brake ? Or drop it to Neutral then back to first if you have that? I found he manual does not tell all.

Al, stop playing dare on roundabouts. I bet it was more than a heart in mouth moment.

My mileage is still climbing and the car is getting more responsive.The manual estimates 1800 miles before normal economy and that fits with my last diesel.

Mac.
Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Mac that's very helpful, I'm still reading the manual. I could definitely feel the car getting more responsive the further I drove it.

Kate

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the EGC system the engine stops sometimes even before the car is fully stationary.

This means just before you stop, if you go back onto the accelerator there's a minuscule delay as the engine kicks in.

It's the first car I've had with this system so it's all a bit strange. Guess I just need a bit more experience with it.

I'm just loving my new car though.

Al.

PS: Thanks for the tip regarding voice volume.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts