Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just decided to fill up to check MPG.

I topped the tank up when I took delivery (pump second cut-off).

We've done 175 miles and I've just topped the tank up (same pump second cut-off).

It took 12.55 Litres which is 2.76 gallons = 63.4 miles to the gallon.

The on-board computer says about 56MPG but that is with the short initial shuttling mileage and testing by the delivery/garage.

Now for a brand new car I don't think that's too bad. Once I do 500 miles or so I guess the average should be close to Peugeot's claim of 74MPG.

The on-board computer average should creep up to overcome the initial delivery/garage mileage or I'll probably just reset the trip computer next time we set out on a journey.

How's your MPG doing?

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for this Al, I know you replied to my thread about MPG etc.

Be interesting to hear info from other owners about MPG but this looks encouraging.

What sort of journey do you do? lots of little ones or large commutes etc ?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did about 120 miles of mixed A14 dual carriageway then single carriageway across country and in town around Peterborough.

Yesterday we went for all countryside driving to make up the mileage to date.

No motorway though. I reckon with motorway cruising the MPG will go up quite a bit.

Have to say the 92BHP version of this engine coupled to the EGC control works really well.

If it had the 115 version with EGC it would be unbelievable (maybe they're saving that for later release).

Very pleased so far with no complaints. Very smooth and comfortable. I love it.

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does sound impressive for a new car, almost sold on the idea of getting the Allure now just running through a few options etc.

Looks like a quality car coupled with a decent engine and MPG though from the initial impressions.

I tend to do say 6-7 different trips a day some range from say about 15 minutes up to an hour.

What are your thoughts on the glass roof ? worth the investment ?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's well worth installing.

Makes the interior feel even more spacious and light and airy.

You can open/close the electric blind as little or as much as you like.

The blue LED lighting strips along either side are, in my opinion, a little more classy than the large claw effect in the non-panoramic roof version (but they still look good as well).

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, did a 23 mile journey yesterday a mix of mainly A and B roads with a couple of miles of dual carriageway as I came out of Swindon. Average was just over 64 according to the trip meter. Car has done about 650 miles.The 207 used to give me about 51 on the same trip.

Mac.
Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went for a long-ish journey yesterday.

Rayleigh and back to spend the day with relatives.

Mostly motorway and at some stages down to 50mph, but always moving. Mostly driving at 70MPH or just under.

Average started at 64MPG and ended up at just under 68MPG.

A very nice ride. We were amazed at the quietness and smoothness of our 2008.

The auto system worked really well.

I liked the auto tuning on the radio as well. We didn't have it on but we started on Rugby Radio and when I switched it on again in Rayleigh it was automatically tuned to their local radio station.

I had to reduce the brightness of the screen and ambient lighting a tad as it did glare on the unlit roads on the return journey(it's now on about the half-way setting).

All-in-all an enjoyable stress-free day and 68MPG.

Al.

Those gantry signs are dangerous though.

On the return we saw 60 next 50 next nearside lane X next nearside and second lane XX and speed down to 40.

I'm now in the third lane (of 4) doing 40 in the third lane and the next gantry NOTHING SHOWN AT ALL and I have the people who never think gantry signs apply to them passing me like I'm an idiot!!

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Trip computer is giving amazing readings.On the 25 mile return from the dealers on Tuesday pm I averaged 86 MPG
Two days on and 200 miles and the overall ave. is 71MPG. (Reading was 33MPG when I collected it with 2 miles on the clock)
Absolutely delighted.
I'll let you know the actual when I re-fill.
Stop start fantastic, lovely to cruise to a silent halt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i drove from Ringwood to Preston today, about 250 miles.the first 2 hours were on country roads with quite a few 30mph zones. Then the last few hours on the busy M5 and M6.
there were quite a few delays and the weather was not great
anyway after all that my 2008 returned an mpg of 53, which for the 1.6 petrol version i am pleased with.
at that rate i will get to Forfar in Scotland on just one tank.

i parked up for the night in the hotel car park, and within minutes a trade van parked too close for comfort. So i moved it again to another remote corner in the car park. Just looked out and another car is parked right next to it despite there being loads of space elsewhere.

Edited by: Deckers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nearly managed a 100MPG Journey today.Went from Birmingham to Malvern just over 35 miles, 20 ishof them on the M5, only the last 'climb' up Malvern dented the figure to a still excellent 97.2MPG

Approx 350 miles so far this week and ave still 71 MPG(according to trip computer).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Itsi said:
Nearly managed a 100MPG Journey today.Went from Birmingham to Malvern just over 35 miles, 20 ishof them on the M5, only the last 'climb' up Malvern dented the figure to a still excellent 97.2MPG

Approx 350 miles so far this week and ave still 71 MPG(according to trip computer).

That's impressive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Deckers said:
i parked up for the night in the hotel car park, and within minutes a trade van parked too close for comfort. So i moved it again to another remote corner in the car park. Just looked out and another car is parked right next to it despite there being loads of space elsewhere.
Hi Deckers I know the feeling with regards to people parking so close that you need a tin opener to get in to your car. As you say there can be loads of space and they stillhave topark that way.
I'm afraid I've become fanatical and my last car didn't have a mark on it due to selective parking, basically if there isn't an end space then I move on somewhere else.

Getting back to the topic - having had the car for only a week and notcovered many miles as yet, I'm hoping to give her a decent run over the weekend so as to get a better assessment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
refilled this morning ,readings as follows23 mphaverage speed
average consumption 46.3 mpg
462 miles covered

longish journey today ,duel carriageway and motorway
readings as follows
61mph average speed
average consumption 57.6 mpg
123 miles covered

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Grahame,Seems like the faster and further you go the better the MPG
Only kidding, I know that local running really pulls the figures back down, I had 53 mpg on Saturday AM. Went for the day out to the Derbyshire dales (Matlock, Buxton) about 4Hrs driving & It went up to 61Mpg.

MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was amazed at the cost of re-fueling after:

Rugby to Peterborough & return: approx 125 miles (two people)

Rugby to Peterborough & return: approx 125 miles (one person)

Rugby to Lutterworth & return: approx 15 miles (one person)

A little general driving: approx 7 miles (one person)

Total cost of full re-fill: £26.61 .

I reckon that's pretty reasonable.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just checked my 'Trip 2' readings (I reset it after the initial running in period).

Average speed: 37 MPH

Average fuel: 64.1 MPG

Distance (mixed driving): 647 miles

Average in my previous 2.0L Qashqai was just under 36 MPG and around £260 RFL. My 2008 is free RFL.

I'm pretty impressed with my figures and I still can't beleive how little it cost to refill. My Qashqai would have been around £60 .

Al.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys
I have the 1.2 VTi i have got about 1300 miles on the clock and my average is only at like 40 MGP. I do alot of city driving so not really geting to set speeds. Does this sounds about right? I did a drive from York To Brighton (around 5 and a half hours) i reset my Trip 2 and average after that trip was in the 50s.

I have to sayi was relaly impressedwe spent £85 for the return trip in fuel and had loads left for driving around brighton and also loads to get to work and back when we returned.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have the 115hp 1.6 diesel.

My car has now covered about 1250 miles I have recently done around 25 miles of very short trips maybe 1 - 3 miles max each and the trip counter tells me that is achieving just over 37 mpg which is reasonable.

I do a lot of 70 mile motorway journeys and I can achieve just over 60 mpg with a fairly light foot. My overall average from day one is now 56 mpg.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the diesel and 1,800 miles so far with a mixture of motorway and B roads and it's showing an average of 64 mpg. Very pleased with that.

Kate

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
As it was the holiday season I have been driving my 2008 to my office in South London for those days that I have been going to work through Christmas. I drove in on Christmas eve and filled up and reset trip 1 on the way in. Traffic was horrendous when I left. At one point I had travelled a total of 19 miles at an average of 12 miles an hour. Average MPG was 40. I have since taken a fair few longer trips and the average is now at 57 mpg.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts