Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it's been a while but it's now time to order 2008 number 3!

Unfortunately peugeot STILL don't offer the 2008 in a nice blue (such as the 3008 comes in, they obviously have the paint, why cant I have it?!) that aside, I'm struggling to choose what colour I want as the offerings are some what.....dull!

I had an original mistral in white which was nice and very practical, hid scratches and road chips well but I fancy a bit of "colour" (it's still in second place at the moment though). My current car is a GT line in black with black alloys. It looks stunning when it's clean, but, my god keeping it looking clean is a nightmare and it shows up EVERY imperfection so i'm a little put off getting it again.

out of all the colours available at the moment i'm actually quite drawn to the standard hurricane grey (wish they did a metallic version), unfortunately all I have to go on is the configurator which can't really be trusted. I don't suppose anyone has a hurricane grey gt-line with black alloys they wouldn't mind sharing a picture of?

cheers!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine's grey, although I think it's metallic. It shows the dirt badly. It's also not a GT line.

My favourite colour is definitely black. Much nicer than the grey.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Our first 2008 was metallic Spirit Grey and it was BRILLIANT in not showing the dirt. In fact it was only when I felt guilty about not washing it for some while, that I did - not because it needed it. We now have a 2008 in Amber Red (the Crossover) metalic. And even that doesn't show the dirt anywhere near as much as I'd expected. Our previous 207 SW was slate grey and that too wasn't bad re dirt. My sister had a blue 207 SW and it NEVER looked clean. That is NOT a colour I'd be interested in having.

None of our Peugeots has had black alloys I'm afraid.

ps My Red is on the drive and with the new roofing being done opposite and no rain for some weeks now either, is covered in a fine dust (sand? - we live on the coast). It's going to have to be washed, if the rain doesn't get there first (please), once the work opposite is ended.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ps My Red is on the drive and with the new roofing being done opposite and no rain for some weeks now either, is covered in a fine dust (sand? - we live on the coast). It's going to have to be washed, if the rain doesn't get there first (please), once the work opposite is ended.

It's sand blown over from the Sahara, we've all got it

·
Registered
18 Posts
We've ordered a 2008 allure automatic, and we chose the Emerald Crystal, looking forward to arrive, I'm in Portugal and automatic is difficult to find

·
Registered
4 Posts
New brochure is out and there is a metallic blue in the lineup so check it out before ordering as we were not told about the changes, fortunately the wife wanted a Allure premium in nimbus grey metallic so the spec hasn't changed but the price has went up by a couple of hundred pounds.

·
Registered
209 Posts
New brochure is out and there is a metallic blue in the lineup so check it out before ordering as we were not told about the changes, fortunately the wife wanted a Allure premium in nimbus grey metallic so the spec hasn't changed but the price has went up by a couple of hundred pounds.

Yep. If you go to the new brochure, linked in another thread just now, you'll see the Blue, available from June next. They seem to have taken off the Emerald?

Of course the prices are up - what isn't, these days.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The key is to get your car (whether new or used) polished and paint sealed....NOT by the supplying dealer but someone that knows what they are doing :)

I have grey, white, and 2 grey cars and live by the coast, hardly ever have to wash them and just go around them a with a worx hydroshot every couple of weeks :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts