Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife picked courtesy car today (208 demo)
your properly aware with our issue with the reversing light or lack of it

well guess what , the 208 has 2 reversing lights positioned half way up , wife just came home , had to reverse the lane , but didn't have a problem .
the lights aren't as bright as our previous car but even with the rear tinted window the visibility was fine both sides

the lights on the 208 are were the 2008 has 2 white dummy lenses

IF ONLY

grahame

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Grahame,It does seem a shame they did not use the clear len's as the reversing lights.

I have problems with reversing as no street lights & the dimming mirror don't help.
Wonder if its possible to have the light moved??.

MickD.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mick
spoke to dealer , not interested really , also says there workshop cant help (seems if its not in the book (computer) they cant help , salesman advised to contact Peugeot direct , got passed up the ladder but getting quoted standard statements , they cant think out of the box , if its not on the screen in front of them they divert the subject , ask to speak to someone with technical knowledge but they referred me back to dealer , but they push it back to Peugeot . so that's the end of that .

booked in Saturday to independent to have some additional slim line led reversing lights fitted , unfortunately not in the spare lenses , they set up a set temporary on the vehicle , wow what a difference , less than a hours work they quoted .

the dimming mirror has a light sensor on itat the bottom facing in towards the car , stick your finger over it and watch it brighten up , take finger off it goes dull (car with headlights on following) . I suppose to disarm this feature , block off this sensor ,

AGAIN I QUOTE WE LOVE THE CAR

verdicts out on dealer and Peugeot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Grahame,I know what you mean about Dealer, they phoned me last Thursday to enquire how I was getting on with the car. I told him I was delighted with it apart from a few niggles & when was the first inspection due? he said have the service department not contacted you, I told him NO & he said he would get them to ring Friday. It got to 5.30 no call, rang them, will get them to call Saturday, no call, rang them to be told will ring Monday no call rang them & am still waiting.
I am going to pay a visit tomorrow, as you say the jury is still out on after sales.
MickD

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If the 208 reversing lights are the same as the blank lenses in the 2008 I'm just wondering whether the 208 bulb holder and housing can be fitted to the 2008 and connected to the current wiring?

Using LEDs instead of the standard bulb should prevent any overload of the circuit.

Knowing how expensive spares are and plus labour then I guess it will work out quite costly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
al
although in the same area as the 2008the 208 light clusters are totally different

the wiring is through the boot in a wiring loom mostly concealed and the spare lenses look as if there just blanks

I would love to have spoken to someone with technical knowledge of the vehicles wiring system etc , but realise this is never going to happen.

I think it would involve major changes , but it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen on updated , future models .

grahame

1 - 6 of 6 Posts