Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do wish Peugeot had picked a different number for the 2008....something like a 2108 or 228.

Everytime I put Peugeot 2008 into a search engine it comes up with lists of Peugeot's made in the year 2008 as well as the model 2008.

On ebay the list even says 'fits 2008', that's for Peugeot/Fiesta/whatever make or model. They probably mean it fits a year 2008 car.

I've even tried searching for Peugeot 2008 Crossover; then you get pages and pages for the 3008.

There was one item. A brand new Peugeot 2008 Crossover fold out leaflet.

So far there is one bid for £0.99 plus £1.15 economy postage. Unbelievable!

Sure makes searching fun!!

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have a bad big toe at the moment so I'm searching for things for the club.
Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
311 Posts
Awww, ok, lets put your searching skills to good use.

Please find prices for these accessories, i got a brochure from dealership but they didn't have prices.....come Peugeot what you playing at?

Al, it's down to you my friend to find and update your fellow Forum followers, we eagerly await your return from the mission

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He he; I'm already on it.

I've saved the Peugeot Accessories www address and I check 3 or 4 times a day.

The 2008 isn't listed as a selection yet although the main Peugeot 2008 website links you to it!

Al.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree Alan, totally annoying name, I have also tried to look on ebay without much success. I wish Peugeot would price the accessories too, don't know what the delay is on the Website? You can however get an idea on prices from the French site:

www.accessoires.peugeot.fr/fr-FR/sitemap/2008-CROSS-OVER

Although they may be cheaper in France, if they are then I will be getting mine when I go over in September!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I found if you searched for 2008 Forum (I was hoping to see this site in the results) all I was getting were Windows Server 2008 forums!<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The other thing that happens if you search for Peugeot 2008, is that everything comes up for the 3008. I guess it assumes you made a typo and suggests an alternative.

Al.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello all

I agree about the name, my thoughts exactly.

One thing to know about the steel Boot Sill Protector, three persons already reported on French forums that it comes off quickly at both ends (within a week or so, sometimes less, even without rain). Peugeot only provides double-sided tape to fix it, this is apparently insufficient.

I ordered one myself and I'm going to ask my dealer/garage to rivet it from the start.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a double sided adhesive tape called 'Mammoth Tape'.

It's brilliant. Don't rivet; use Mammoth Tape instead.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR2.TRC0.A0.XMammoth+tape&_nkw=mammoth+double+sided+tape&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mammoth%20tape%20double%20sided&sprefix=mammoth+tape%2Caps%2C143

Whatever I've used it on has stayed stuck in place.

It's always important to go over any surface with an alcohol wipe (or similar) to remove any surface oiliness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts