Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a French registered L.H.D. Peugeot 2008 spirit grey Titane (top of the range over here) and have just discovered a line of rust forming on the offside of the car where the rear bumper and the wing join. It's about an inch long. If anybody is interested I can take a picture of the spot. Any advice would be welcome The car is 11 months old and I haven't contacted a Peugeot dealer yet,

Has anyone else had a similarproblem?

Thanks in advance,

Harry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would be interested to see it.Mine is also around the same age, and I haven't noticed this problem, but will now have a closelook at it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chopper,

Sorry I can't manage to enclose the picture I promised.

I went to my Peugeot dealer this morning who said that the small line of paint which had come off couldn't cause the bumper to rust because it's made of some composite material. I suggested touching it in with one of those special pens but he said it would notice even more.
Harry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi HarryI have the same problem with my carwhich is 6 months old. I took it to my dealer and they resprayed the area 2 weeks ago under warranty. Unfortunately I discovered on sunday that the paint is coming off again in the same spot. Contacted dealer again on Monday and now waiting to hear what they are going to do. Watch this space.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Harry, picture looks fine but I've just checked my 2008 and wonder whether the picture is sideways?

It looks like the paint has been scraped away on just the rear corner panel edge.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That rear corner panel is plastic, so the problem definitely is not rust or corrosion. Has there been any reason why that might have been scraped in some way? Even a slight push at the bottom of the panel might have done something?

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
That rear corner panel is plastic, so the problem definitely is not rust or corrosion. Has there been any reason why that might have been scraped in some way? Even a slight push at the bottom of the panel might have done something?

Yes, that is plastic so it won't rust. As the metal panel next to it is completely clean I'd bet my home on this being down to when the panel was re-fitted after painting, being knocked on part of the inside of the rear wing (probably where the wing and plastic panel connect) and sadly not being picked up by Quality Control.

I'd expect Peugeot to remove, re-paint Free of Charge on that one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Al & Burty,

No, the picture was taken straight at the damaged area to the right of the petrol filler flap.

The reason it looks as if the paintwork has been scraped is because when I first noticed a small black spot, ( which has turned out to be plastic) I rubbed the spot lightly with a scratch removing paste. I should have left it as it was but convinced myself that the black mark was tar, or something similar on the paintwork.

I am afraid I'm going to have to live with it.

Harry

·
Registered
398 Posts
Man...how hard have you rubbed it? :))))I also have my paint missing on 1/6 mm exactly in same location...i believe is from manufacturer, or just exfoliated at washing...but is on plastic and does not influence me...
Anyway, the new paint and paint protector made ECO with water base sucks... Does not hold on plastic and in time is exfoliating...so...at first ocasion, will buy non-ECO (best toxiest deadliest) paint and lack protector, and will paint it all...at least that ones are very strong and ressistant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts