Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2014 2008 Allure 1.6 hdi. Sadly the infotainment system crashes in cold weather and I was wondering if this is a common problem ? if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.Are Peugeot aware of problems with the infotainment system as there are a few posts describing faults with theirs ?, but because the problem is intermittent I'm reluctant to approach a Peugeot service centre. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Apart from a couple of crashes when I first had the car 2 and bit years ago mine had been faultless up until yesterday. Yesterday evening and today it crashed several times within a few minutes each time. The car had sat outside all day yesterday and it was reasonably cold but not sub 0.

The only other change I had made is I had paired my new phone to the bluetooth only minutes before the system started to crash.

I am not aware of a general problem but there have been various reports of crashing on the forum.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Colin,
Madam had a similar issue with her info screen it would freeze, I wouldn't say on a regular basis but enough times to be a nuisance.

When she took it in for a service, besides updating the software on the gearbox they updated the software on the infotainment as well.

After that she had no further issues until a member of staff smashed it when we were out in the S
outhof France working.

It has been replaced with a secondhand unit from a 65 Plate 208, and works a lot better than before so they must have done something to the later models.

I would drop into a dealer and see if they can help you out.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
uncletone said:
Hi Colin,

It has been replaced with a secondhand unit from a 65 Plate 208 and works a lot better thyan before so they must have down something to the later models.

Interesting. As I believe that later 2008 models do have a newer system, and presumably 208s also. It's never clear whether you can fit later kit to older cars. Or even run newer software on the older cars. To be perfectly honest the infotainment system in mine is 'a bit sh*t'. There is nothing wrong with it, but there are a lot of little irritations, particularly with the music player. I would hope the later software is improved and if it can be fitted to earlier cars (with or without a change of hardware) that might be a decent solution.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I must admit I wasn't sure whether it would work or not.

The dealer couldn't confirm whether it would coming from such a late model Peugeot 208 (it was 5 months old) The other thing was, as it was only £120.00 for the secondhand one, as against £728.00 for a new one from the dealer, it was worth a punt.

Even madam has commented on how it seems better...."how dear?" ... "it responds quicker when you touch the screen, it comes on quicker etc"...."OK darling if you say so, glad you like it"

I have mentioned it to our local dealer who was pleased it had worked. In theory it should do, its the same car basically it fits in the same hole and has the same connectors on it, but with the French you just never know.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
61 Posts
It never crashed for me and i had the car for almost 1 year. Just recently we experienced below -10C temperatures, without any problems.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So the problem with my system crashing is down to the Bluetooth connection with my new phone. It seems that it just causes continual crashes such that it is completely unusable. If I turn Bluetooth off on my phone, all is fine.

Searching the 208 forum suggests that this is a common issue, and may be solved by an upgrade to the latest software.I must say that on the whole I am very disappointed with the whole touchscreen system, the music player is crap, the sat nav is crap, and the whole system is buggy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Haven't got my car yet (due in march) but I do recall when reading the online user manual that in extreme hot circumstances the system would shut its self off for approx 5 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts