Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to install a dash cam in my 2008. The unit will be sitting near the rear mirror visor. I would like to hide the wire that runs between the cigarette lighter and the unit.

Does anyone have a video / instructions how to best do it?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can tuck it in by roof lining and run down side screen, glove box bit awkward but just matter taken time then up to you how want run to power point, or hard wire it if you wantEdited by: Mik207

·
Registered
61 Posts
This thread from the 208 Forums might help - although in our case there is no need to remove the windshield side panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I would like to install a dash cam in my 2008. The unit will be sitting near the rear mirror visor. I would like to hide the wire that runs between the cigarette lighter and the unit.

Does anyone have a video / instructions how to best do it?

Thanks,
Alan
I bought a hard wire kit ran it from the fuse box up the side pillar and then down the roof lining behind the rubber seal and out by the rear view mirror the fused end plugs into an existing fuse I had to take off the glove compartment and faceier to gain access to the fuses.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Whilst I am capable enough to fit one I leave it to experts, typically they only charge £25-£35 if you buy the unit from them....and they'll have all the right tools.

What also may help if you include your country of posting in your signature strip as allows better advice to be given.

In this case I had to click on OP's name to show he was in Malta, so RHD. This is crucial given that advice can come from LHD posters and the fuse layout/cable running may be different. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
The hardwire kits can be bought online and from places like Halfords (if your in the UK) they'll even fit it for you (for a price)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts