Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to change my car insurance to the 2008 and was told after a bit of a wait, whilst the young lady checked, that the well known Liverpool company I use is not going to ever insure the 2008. The reason, 'we have decided not to insure a high powered large SUV as it is too high a risk'. Whilst I know that they have that wrong it didn't help and I ended up moving to another company. Something to watch out for as I could have lost a half years no claims if I was not already on the maximum.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Well, it is a new model and somehow I think it was a sign that you should change rather than get into a debate with someone with that sort of knowledge.

I had no trouble with the Pru.

The chap on the phone was most helpful. He pulled up all the new details of the new car along with the factory fitted extras which he confirmed with me.

They are sending me a £59 refund for the suspension period until the Qashqai insurance would be due and charging me £19.08 for the new period from the 1st Sept to 10th Oct so that I keep the same renewal date.

That £19.08 includes their £15 administration charge for amending all the details and issuing new documents.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al that sounds like a good deal. I ended up with the RAC. Total cost £170 ish for the year which was the same I paid in March. It did make me laugh as previously I had a Evo x insured and they could see that and we're totally bemused. It seems they all have access to the same database on vehicles for risk assessment etc.
I am getting nearly two thirds refund as they will not be charging me any cancellation fee so cannot grumble. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has any issues but believe like you it is because it is a new model.

Mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts