Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AllWonder if anyone can help, my 2008 is only a few months old and all of a sudden the interior fan has stopped working.
Does anyone know where I might find the fuse, I checked the manual but theres no mention of it there.
I am currently on holiday in Italy so before I have to take it in would be worth at least checking for a blown fuse.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've had a search on the web for you and have found many posts regarding a resistor failing.

Unfortunately none related directly to the 2008 model.

Most of the reports I found were for the 2008 year(I wish they'd picked a different model number!!) 206 and 307.

http://www.heaterblowerresistor.co.uk/peugeot206307heaterresistor.html

I'm not suggesting this is the same problem you have, but it is something you may have to consider talking to the dealer about.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This 'resistor' failure has been a common problem on Peugeots in the past (in my experience). I have had failures of the 'resistor' (which isn't actually a resistor - it's a transistor pack) on a 205, and 309 (two different cars), and probably others. Replacement was straightforward on those - although it meant lying upside-down with your head in the passenger footwell to do so.

It's speculation to suggest that Peugeot use the same or similar system on the 2008 but I wouldn't be surprised if they do, given that they have used something similar on every Peugeot I have ever had.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have had exactly the same problem with Citroens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Did do a bit of searching myself about the problem and all i could find was the resistor problem on the earlier models, just was hoping it may just be a simple fuse replacement, but as usual in life nothing is that easy.

Will take it to the dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI Guys I have the same problem it's my 3rd resistor within 2 months I also added topic about alternator because the mechanic said the resistor getting burned because of too high voltage from battery and alternator between 15.05V - 15.17V when usually i replace the resistor its working couple of days fine and somehow stops working the aluminium grill touched once accidentially the metal part of car and its started blow the air on maximum speed but when i disconnect that its stopped working really upset as need heating in car any solutions by chance thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took my car in to local garage today but he said he couldn't find the resistor and to take it to Peugeot. Before I do that can anyone tell me where the resistor is located and is it easy job to change myself?

Thanksks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would let Peugeot fix it or a competent auto electrician. A different make. But if you remember zafira caught fire when the fan blower resistor was repaired!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Got same problem, Interior Fan stopped working but all the controls are still on. Did you manage to repair yours? please advice. Got 1.6 petrol allure.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. I never got round to taking mine to garage to get fixe. yet three days ago, after what feels like months without it working, it started again all on its own! Then the next day it didn't work and today its back working again. I wonder if its a loose connection of some sort. Would love to know if anyone has any recommendations for where I can look to just simply check if there's a loose connection of some sort that I can push back together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My fan stopped working. It turned out it was the fan resistor. I replaced it - its a bit difficult to get to by the side of the glove box but has been working great since - £22 on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381233972037

The process is as described here http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/internal-heater-fan-fault_topic4579.html

and pictures from the Peugeot manual website

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/2008-97/help-heater-blower-motor-fan-resistor-313505/

Its a bit easier if you take the glove box out and its located to the right at the rear directly behind the heater controls closest to the engine bulkhead from inside as shown in the picturesEdited by: russo109

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys my 2008 suv air conditioners fan has stopped working have replaced the resistor and still no joy any ideas is there a fuse for it as there does not seem to be one that I can find.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Guys, Just had a call from my wife in one of our two 2008 GTLine (1.6BlueHDI 2016 model) saying can't get windscreen demisted, but going to limp home with cloth and windows open slightly. Had a look regarding fuses, only reference I can see in the handbook is F11 which is for "additional heating", as well as active city brake and rear view mirror demist. Not sure if that is the fuse concerned.. Will investigate in the light of day tomorrow and try to report back on here after finding out cause and remedy... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have removed glove box and had a good peer inside but tbh am struggling to id. a fan nevermind the resistor or connectors. Attaching photo (I hope) so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Update, couldn't detect any loose connections so took into a local garage to diagnose: Heater Resistor had failed... had them order new genuine part to maintain warranty. Total cost £180! Should have been covered by warranty, but it would cost me £160 on a ferry to get over to an approved Peugeot garage and couldn't schedule before New Year, so bit the bullet and forked out to have the repair done in 2 days so I can drive with the windows shut again...

·
Registered
10 Posts
had a similar problem on my 2015 allure diesel,climate control screen lit and functioning but no throughput of air,could hear the compressor for iar con kicking in but no good as fan not working.Took to my local independant dealer and it turned out htat the impellor of the fan which was tubular had broken and was blocking the fan,long story short 400 euro to repair ,but the fan was 280 plus vat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts