Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I copied this post from Peugeot 208 forum as it was solution to my problem with my 2008

Originally Posted by andyboy1970 View Post

Found the issue this time!In the passenger footwell there is a small panel at the front end of the centre console just in front of the heater outlet. It is held on with a single screw and clip.
Behind this there is a small inline connector which has a Grey wire and a green/yellow wire in one side and a red wire and green/yellow out the other side. I found this plug melted inside causing a high resistance. This plug is the 12V supply and Earth to the resistor pack.
I cut both wires either side and spliced the wires back together and all is now well with the fan.

my connector is melted as well so BIG thank you Jim :):smile:

·
Registered
240 Posts
HI I copied this post from Peugeot 208 forum as it was solution to my problem with my 2008

Found the issue this time!In the passenger footwell there is a small panel at the front end of the centre console just in front of the heater outlet. It is held on with a single screw and clip.
Behind this there is a small inline connector which has a Grey wire and a green/yellow wire in one side and a red wire and green/yellow out the other side. I found this plug melted inside causing a high resistance. This plug is the 12V supply and Earth to the resistor pack.
I cut both wires either side and spliced the wires back together and all is now well with the fan.

Thanks for that :smile:

Worth a look for anyone else that has problems with their internal heater packing up!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Well done Luckanoo. My son's 2014 208 Allure had the same problem of fan stopped working though electronic display showing normally. I removed the panel on the passenger footwel side of the central console (single Torx T20 screw)which reveals a plastic cable connector connecting a green/yellow and a grey cable to a brown and a red cable. All looked ok at first glance but I unclipped the connector from the housing and unplugged the two sides (not easy - had to use a scredriver to force them apart). Sure enough the side of the connector connecting the grey cable to the red cable appeared to have melted/disintegrated. I cut the whole thing off and reconnected the cables using 15A electrical connectors and to my delight the fan now works perfectly.
Top tip: mark the position of the side panel with pencil or water based felt tip to ensure proper alignment when refitting the side panel. Other wise it is very difficult to line up with the hole for the self tapping screw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well done Luckanoo. My son's 2014 208 Allure had the same problem of fan stopped working though electronic display showing normally. I removed the panel on the passenger footwel side of the central console (single Torx T20 screw)which reveals a plastic cable connector connecting a green/yellow and a grey cable to a brown and a red cable. All looked ok at first glance but I unclipped the connector from the housing and unplugged the two sides (not easy - had to use a scredriver to force them apart). Sure enough the side of the connector connecting the grey cable to the red cable appeared to have melted/disintegrated. I cut the whole thing off and reconnected the cables using 15A electrical connectors and to my delight the fan now works perfectly.
Top tip: mark the position of the side panel with pencil or water based felt tip to ensure proper alignment when refitting the side panel. Other wise it is very difficult to line up with the hole for the self tapping screw.
Thank you for this information, it fix my problem, funny, but i removed the panel on the passengers side first, but did not see the connector, then i realized that this is an leftsteering car, so i removed på panel on the left side, and there i fond the same problem, see picture, i solidering together the cables and it works fine :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for all the above and appreciate the help.

Peugeot 2015 208
1. I tried the cable just at passenger side beside the fan outlet and everything looked OK
2. I took off the glove box
3. I disconnected the fan and checked with a multimeter that there was voltage going to it and there was and then began to believe it was the fan that was broken. I cleaned the connection and reconnected again and the fan started working :) fingers crossed it stays that way
This video was very useful to understand where everything is and its the same as the 208 -

·
Registered
1 Posts
Huge, huge thanks for the info in this thread, I had exactly the same heater fan issue, this post saved me a fortune. I replaced the connector with a 15 amp block, and all is well, I can now demist my front windscreen again👍🏻👍🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts