Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I took delivery of my new company car, a new 2008 allure with a few additional extras (which I was pleased about and unexpected)

I have tried for hours to get the Internet on my screen working. I have the new iphone 6 as well as a Blackberry that I have for work

I think the system works by connecting the in built Internet to my phone by using my phone as a modem , but hey your dealing with a 45 year old guy who used to have his daughters operate the teletext on the telly (remember teletext)

The Peagout dealer where I had the car from was so unhelpful, it might be this it may be that , dunno then the classic "it's the phone not the car" he didn't know what phones I had but knew that was the fault!!!!

Can anyone help me get the net working?

I'd be grateful and appreciate any help

Pete

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the internet working, connected via Bluetooth to my phone (Samsung S2, Android).It was so slow to load & the pages were not full nicely formatted pages like on the phone so I couldn't see the point in playing with it any more.
Much easier & quicker to just look at the phone screen.
I can't remember exactly how I connected it though other than by selecting via Bluetooth in the car & turning on Bluetooth internet hotspot on the phone.
Do let us know if you have more success though.
If it loaded just like on the phone I can see it would be cool but definitely not to be attempted whilst driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just checked by sitting in car & doing it again.It is a bit slow for me but looks good when the page loads.
I would probably still just use my phone though as probably quicker.

My quick notes I made, hope they help :

Turn on bluetooth tethering on your smartphone(I know how on Android phones but afraid I have no idea on yours).On car touchscreenPress menu button
Internet button
Page out button on left
Internet browser button
Message about no bluetooth device, do you want to add one
Yes
Click Magnifying glass on right
Connect to profiles, tick internet
Finish
Close confirmation popup
Click on Confirm
Back to Internet and surfI got greyed out boxes sometimes but just kept trying again & got there in the end.
Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
never seen an internet button did you pay extra for that

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes. It's an option

·
Registered
37 Posts
tontinuk said:
never seen an internet button did you pay extra for that
On my Feline, from the Menu button to the left of the screen, then I get 6 icons, one of which says Internet which takes me to Connect Apps screen button, then click on page out icon on left to get to WWW Internet browser button.

Not an option or paid for it.

If you are not using the phones data via Bluetooth you would have to pay for the Wi-Fi On Board accessory.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nope not there on mine must have too low spec. Never mind

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't have it on my Feline.If I recall connect apps wasn't available when I bought mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts