Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone can help, bit strange this. I have only had my car a week so I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong!! When playing the Ipod classic the album art work seems to only show when it feels like it!! For instance I can be listening to a song with art work then the next time - same song there is nothing. The media system seems to show about 1 in 5 songs with art work but as I said the same song sometimes has it sometimes doesn't.
Now the strange thing is, if I play music via my iphone, the art work always shows. Yet the art work is from the same Itunes database as the Ipod classic!!
Any advice as to what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could be that your art work on the ones that is missing is only associated with the album. Apple will fill in the gaps. Our system will not. I went through my entire song list and added in the missing art work. Then loaded to iPod classic and it always comes up now.

Mac.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, doesn't explain why it can show for a song when it plays then the next few plays it doesn't then it does again, or why the iphone using the same itunes will show them all. I have gone through every album, deleted art work and downloaded again from Apple but to no avail!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This may not be any good for you (!?) as I don't have an ipod or an iphone but when I uploaded my music from my Samsung Galaxy S3to a flash drive to plug into the USB in the car some of the artwork showed and some didn't. I had to copy artwork from the internet, making sure the size of each picture was smaller than 500x500, and stamp them using a tag editor programme I downloaded. It's a bit of a mess on - pretty straightforwardbut tedious - but the end result is that all of my artwork now shows on my car touchscreen all the time. As I say, I'm not sure this will help you as it doesn't relate to Apple products and your problem seems to be intermittent rather than constant. Good luck sorting it out ;-)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok, that sounds strange. Our systems do not seem to have a lot of memory. I had to make sure all tracks were the same format and bit rate, pics were 500/500 max and I checked tagging of art work at the track level not album level.I can occasionally get the system to crash if I ask it to do too many things at once with te iPod, or rather my son can!. I always have the iPod left in the left hand USB port.It seemed on mine that if the system had to change formats it would get lost as it is using the iPod as a drive and not an apple device.

Mac

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have posted previously about this. I also use an iPod classic and have the same issue with the pictures. I know its not the picture because the touch screen will see the artwork for the same song at other times. Curiously when the engine is off it shows every picture. Does yours do the same. I have also posted before about the way it handles playlists. Everytime I use the phone it resets the current playlist or just forgets its on a playlist. This also happens if you switch the engine off and turn the radio back on.

I have spoken to peugeot and I am booking it in to have an update done . hopefully it will sort it. WATCH THIS SPACE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be interesting to see what Peugeot say or if an update works!! Haven't tried with the engine off, cause I've just spent all weekend retagging every song with new 300x300 album art (which hasn't worked)
As for playlists, I'll be listening to a playlist, use the phone then the song that was playing will resume but as part of its original album not the playlist! At other times the what I am listening to is suddenly changed to Neil Young - any of his songs. Don't know why it chooses him but it always does

·
Registered
72 Posts
Strange mine sometimes plays neil youngs cowgirls in the sand, maybe its a neil young fan. Lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine will default to track 1 of 3145 which is one of the Dire Straits tracks. eh. I thought it had a sense of humour.

I do know if I am on a playlist and like a track if I list the tracks, with the right steering wheel button, it will only show the tracks of the album that is currently playing. If you hit ok it defaults to playing that album. I thought it was just part of the system.My car is an early one, Aug 2013 and still has the original software.I hope it is not messed up at service time.

Mac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.