Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking at buying a new car and have done a lot of research on the Qashqai, Hyundai Tucsan, Kia Sportage etc. I wasn't expecting to have to buy a new car, but my current car (five years old) has a number of major and very expensive problems. Therefore, I want to keep the initial outlay down, although running costs are not a problem.

I have just come across the Peugeot 2008 Active 1.2 petrol at a good price (via wowcar.com), certainly a lot cheaper than the cars mentioned above.

I don't do much motorway driving so top end handling/speed isn't a major issue.

It would be great if people could give me their honest opinion, and also advise if there are any known problems with them.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was the same before got mine and as most my driving is town n city tried the same cars,the 2008 won out in the end on cost and ease of driving and space, haven't found any reason to be sorry of choice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, I'm also looking intobuying a 2008. I tried the 1.2 82ps and found it ok for pottering around urban roads but it felt under powered on open roads. Also with a load on board it struggled with acceleration.
Have you considered the 1.2 110 ps or 1.6 diesel ?Is a low mileage nearly new car an option for you or would you prefer new ?
Have you look into other online discount companies?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do think the 1.2 82ps is underpowered for this car. I also test drove the Qashqai 1.6 petrol and that felt underpowered too on the motorway but fine around town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts