Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traffic film from lorries etc can cause this.
Get a good quality screen wash additive or spray:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=traffic+film+remover&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=32635118105&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3002627503696913483&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7rkluridmz_b

I used MIXRA in the past: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixra-Windscreen-Cleaner-SIM34-2-250ml/dp/B009LG8PRY/ref=sr_1_10/278-5254424-7056718?ie=UTF8&qid=1435507503&sr=8-10&keywords=traffic+film+remover

I always had a can of it in the car.

It could also be the angle of the blade on the screen. Get your dealer to adjust the arm slightly so that the blade sits better. If it leans too much to one side then that can cause it to judder on one way of its travel.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rainex makes the windscreen slippery for water bugs and wiper blades.
First thing I do with a new car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
doviss, wiper blades can become hardwhich can cause juddering/noise/smearing as a result of hot sunshine on them. They need changing every year or so. A new blade should clear the glass silently and effectively. Also wax/sealant from a car wash shampoo/wax can become bonded to the glass, it will eventually wear out and disappear but depending on the wax it can take a while and can be difficult to remove.
As Nagaman suggested, using a good glass cleaner will clean muck off the glass along with good quality wipe blades.

I suggest notusing Rainex/RainX on the windscreen as it bonds onto the glass. It does make the glass more slippery and help water and dirt bead away whilst it isnew but at night when it's raining it causes the wipers to smear the glass badly creating a momentary foggy effect and seriously hinders visibility especially with oncoming headlights. It's ok to use it on side & rear glass and external light glass covers as it helps them to stay cleaner for longer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've noticed the slight 'fog' effect but as wipers are not needed at motorway speeds, I've never even considered it as being anything to worry about and certainly not at slow speed in torrential rain unless perhaps you are a tailgater.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wipers not needed at motorway speeds???. What sort of rain and spray is that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've noticed if I lubricate the windscreen by spraying some screenwash onto the windscreen then it's fine for about2 minutes but laterjudder back. Dealer try cleaned the windscreen with some solution but that didn't work.Later they changewiper bladestwo times and one time wiper arms but proble still here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is there a fault with the glass that's causing this issue ?
If the garage can't fix it are they willing to replace the windscreen under warranty ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just having a look through some old threads and found this one. Has anyone tried silicon wiper blades? Very expensive but if they work as well as advertised, they might resolve any juddering issues.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If there's one thing I do not miss about my original 2008 it's that - juddering blades.What a relief NOT to have this going on.I was told it was because we live on the coast with heaven knows what coming out of the sky and up the road as it's standing out there.NOTHING worked.But so far, with this new one, so good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my new 2008 had very smeary screen. cleaned with the normal things but on closer examination ie rubbing over with fingers could feel a roughness. i think it was a wax build up or even the original protect coat. used a pro glass cleaner until it was really smooth and also really clean the wipers. then its a different world. swish swish with no noise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found that Rainex eventually causes it unless you reaply frequently.
Do silicon blades do the same I wonder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts