Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to jump start another car, I can find the positive terminal on my 2008 easy enough but not the negative. It was my understanding that the boosting car needed the jump lead on its negative and the flat battery car just needed clamping to a bolt. Any ideas where it is on 2008/what to do?

Thanks

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
29 Posts
Pages 158 and 159 in the handbook

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. Still a little confused though as this is aimed at charging my 2008 and not how to charge someone else's car. Normally the charging car (my 2008) you'd attach negative to working battery and other end of cable to receiving car's earth point. So if I attach to my earth point (because I can't get to negative on battery) on my car what do I then do with other end of cable, put it on their flat battery or to their earth point too?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's a complete PITA to get to so for jump starting someone else's car (or indeed another car you own) don't use the 2008 and either use a spare battery or else get someone else with an easily accessible battery to do it for you.

I always carry one of these in my car(s) in case I or anyone else has a flat battery, they hold their charge for 6 months plus:

Sorry I couldn't help more :(

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
29 Posts
It's a complete PITA to get to so for jump starting someone else's car (or indeed another car you own) don't use the 2008 and either use a spare battery or else get someone else with an easily accessible battery to do it for you.

I always carry one of these in my car(s) in case I or anyone else has a flat battery, they hold their charge for 6 months plus:

Sorry I couldn't help more :(
I carry one of those as well, it's amazing how small it is for a jump starter, it easily fits under the boot floor.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Impressive Mooi, I am still awaiting the driver in distress that I can whip out my Noco and assist them :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got a phase 4-in-1 jump starter from Halfords £50. Haven't had to use it yet thankfully but it seems simple enough to use:

·
Registered
275 Posts
TaoD the advantage to the starter that Mooi and I have is that it's compact and is easily transportable, in it's own padded carry case.

Whilst fit for purpose the I'd not want to be carrying anything the size of a traditional jump starter unit in my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts