Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery a few days ago of my new amber red 1.6 deisel EGC Allure with glass roof, hot seats, and sat nav. Very pleased with it. Was initially unsure about opting for the EGC having been used to Audi DSG's but now I have I can honestly say that I definitely have no regrets. True, you have to learn the knack of how to use an electronic manual but when you know how to handle the gear box it's not a problem. Press and ease off the accelerator pre-gear-change as you would a manual box and its smooth. Help it along if you want using the paddles and it can be even smoother. Important thing is no need for the left leg and the bonus is brilliant economy that should out run pretty much every other automatic on the market by a long stretch. Add to this the stop start which in my experience has got to be one of the best and most refined and non intrusive stop starts thats ever been produced by any manufacturer, means in my opinion that it's probably the best combination of economy, auto & stop start that money can buy. Just brillant !The only thing I feel somewhat disappointed with is the poor front storage, miserably small glove compartment and no under seat storage drawers! Otherwise a great car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi David101 and welcome to yet another 1.6 EGC'r.

The engine is very well mated to the EGC box.

Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts