·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome Paulo

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Paulo,

Welcome to the club, its great to have international members join us. On here you'll find a great bunch of guys of all ages, some older than others some lie about their ages, usually the female members but none the less a great bunch. Also there is a wealth of valuable information and topics that will help you with the enjoyment of your car.

I see the two comedy artists have introduced themselves (George & Mik), and no doubt our two resident fashion gurus and midnight stalkers (Marie & Kate) will be along shortly to help out with your choice of handbags and pyjama's.

I wish you all the best with your car and we look forward to hearing of your experiences.

Whereabouts are you in Portugal. I visit your wonderful country a couple of times a year on business and social occasions. I normally stay at the Quinto Del Lago Golf Club, are you anywhere near there.

Oh by the way watch out for our resident "big mouth" He'll introduce himself as a Northern Friendly Intelligent Guy, with bags of charm and wit. He is obviously all those things, but he gets to know where you live and then pops along to stay with you when he's in your country.
I believe he's already been invited to share a bed or is that a room, with a few of our Forum members, George, Mik , Fran in Spain, Rene in Holland to name just a few. I hear he's just been out to Hungary this week and was most pleased to meet up with a
coupleof Forum members who very kindly put him up for a couple of days, in a hotel I hasten to add, and they introduced him to a good time.

Anyway its good to have you with us.

Do you keep goldfish, one of our younger members, she's only 10 years old has lost a goldfish, well it was eaten actually by the cat. It was called Mik, the goldfish not the cat. Anyway do you have one you can send.

Have a great weekend.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
398 Posts
and Tony, as you can see, is our SERIOUS member, that never joke...So if you have a goldfish/piranha/snails/anything, hide it !!! Also hide the cat...
Do not believe all that they say about me...I'm a very serious/ not with humor/old man, and I never joke...
Also any member that will visit me, will have rats/cockroaches/bees in his bed...Also will provide for free as a compensation a beautiful young 85 years lady that will thrill you all night sucking the chocolate from M&M's that contains peanuts...

WELCOME !

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
A young 85 year-old that's into M&M's ..... sounds good to me.

Welcome Paulo...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome Paulo,

I see that you have been introduced to numerous forum regulars; I hope that you're not too scared...

Following on from the above comments, our pet hamster was called George (honestly!). Alas, he is dead too but he died of natural causes (nothing to do with the cat) so he is in pet heaven with ****....

Must go, I've got a bowl of peanut M&M's waiting for me.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
What??? You named a DEAD hamster George?
At least you should name a live one...cause I'm pretty alive :)))
M&M's you got has peanuts? :)))

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again!

I think Quinta do lago is in Algarve, but I live on the other side. I live at the North :)

It's great to see you guys have lots of humour. :)

I'm sorry about the goldfish.I've once offered one to my wife, her name is Susana, my wife's no the fish, but now it's dead, the fish, not my wife.

Edited by: paulo.ricardo

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Paulo...nice to meet new members..also your sense of humor is welcomed :)Two questions:
1. You stay in night in your 2008 drinking a coffee and admiring stars? (Eventually in your pijamas?)
2. Do you have a LIVE hamster? Cause seems that fishes, cats and hamsters kill themselves when see the 2008...a lot of deaths were recorded lately here :))))))

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
george2104 said:
Hi Paulo...nice to meet new members..also your sense of humor is welcomed :)Two questions:
1. You stay in night in your 2008 drinking a coffee and admiring stars? (Eventually in your pijamas?)

As for the Hamster, I don't have any LIVE pet, and the dead ones... well, I don't usually keep them... :p

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Paulo,

It is a shame you live in the north. I only drive thro there to go to the Algarve or I fly over the North on my way to Faro.

Never mind, it is unfortunate I will not be able to stay with you and I won't be buying a beer. As you live in the North perhaps you can send some of the excellent Porto for me and my wife to drink while we look at the stars at night in the car.

I will email you my address, if you can send one bottle of each ( Red & White)
that will be fine. In return I will send you two of the world famous Cornish (Nasty's) Pasty's.

You will be the envy of all your friends when you tell them that your Uncletone has sent you Cornish Pasty's and all he wants in return is a couple of bottles of Sherry.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tone, I'll trade you a couple of Yorkshire curd tarts for a couple of Cornish Pasties? We could be onto something here! We should start a new thread.....

For goodness sake George. keep up.... George the hamster died of natural causes (he was very old in hamster years), he was replaced by a cat who ate **** the goldfish. Tone the goldfish stays lurking in the bottom of the pond and is still alive. George + **** = dead, Cat + Tone = alive. Simples.

Paulo, do you regret joining yet?!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kate,I don't think I could manage 2 Yorkshire tarts without a break of at least 10 minutes. Mind if I go onto oxygen in the aircraft I could get it down to 7 minutes but I might dribble a bit!

·
Registered
284 Posts
You're right Pilot, two Yorkshire tarts would require significant stamina. Maybe I should change my offer to one Yorshire tart and one Bakewell tart? Possibly with a health warning attached

·
Registered
398 Posts
:)))) If DHL was not so expensive here, I would rise the bet with one bottle of brandy from peaches or from grapes...my production...Also the wine we make is famous :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bakewell Tarts!
Bad but good. Could do with one now. I'm off on avisit on The Thames this afternoon.Not looking forward to it in this bad weather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi again

I don't regret at all having joined the club. :)

As for the Porto wine, I'm afraid the bottles would break on their way, and it would be a shame to waist such a valuable liquor. :)

But I'll keep a bottle waiting at home, and the next time you drive to Portugal, if you make a "small" detour on your way to Algarve, I'll hand it to you. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts