Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the deluge of posts i have many questions that need answers lol!!

the next on my list is carrying a kayak.

on my vectra i used inflatable racks which tied through the car so unless the roof came off or the straps snapped the kayak was going no where!!! i also have a fairly short yak so for aerodynamic forces to be strong enough to snap the straps id have had to have been going at speeds far above my cars capability and it would have damaged the car long before the straps!!

naturally i don't want to be using inflatables on the 2008!!! i have already bought a set of square racks specifically for the 2008 and i dont want to take my chances with them coming off so tie downs are going to be needed but im worried about the tie down loactions.

i was looking at getting a set of thule quick draws but i noticed the tow point is on the drivers side meaning the front strap would be smack bang in the middle of the drivers vision which is obviously dangerous! and im pretty sure it's illegal to drive with anything blocking the drivers vision. secondly because of the short stature of my yak the straps would be at an angle and almost definitely rest on the body work and could possibly cause damage when tensioned or vibrating in the air flow if attached to the chassis.

has anyone come across this problem? maybe set my mind at ease or have a clever solution??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
problem solved! when i take delivery of the car i will take a look to see if there are any good fixing points and make myself a set of these to the length needed. got loads of 25mm webbing kicking round and eyelets are cheap as chips. a little bit of sewing, hammering, screwing and all will be good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts