Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted to see that Pug still only issue one full fat remote key! I was led to believe (sadly not by the selling salesman) that only the poverty spec came with 1 remote and 1 manual key, but after reading on here it seems to be all but the Feline.

Oh well, not that big a dela breaker but I wish I'd have been told before hand. Makes me feel a bit mugged which isn't what you want after taking delivery of a new car.

That and the fact I have to top up the diesel with an additive. I thought those days had gone! The things they don't tell you......

EDIT

Feel a bit of a tube, I didn't realise there were two types of diesel and it's the Blue Diesel that needs the additive. I assume I have the FAP version (doesn't anybody in marketing know anything about pop culture before creating these names?
) if someone can confirm? The 1.6 115 bhp?

Edited by: Shindig

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You don't need to add any additive to your diesel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
burty said:
You don't need to add any additive to your diesel.
Yeah, I realised that after the initial post. The manual wasn't very clear on the initial read. TO be honest, I also can't get my head around the sat nav option (irrelevant in our case anyway) but that's for a different thread!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd be careful about putting additives in.... It may affect your warranty.
I'm old enough to remember an additive either BP or Shell added to their petrol in the 80s and it caused loads of engine problems. Honda renaiged on their warranty if there was engine damage if you used this fuel. With all the technology a mega giant company like that get it wrong, personally I wouldn't risk it.

I was p155ed off when our Allure came with only one remote but I try to look on the positives.... It's my wife's car, so she has the big key and the poverty key, which I use occasionally, doesn't take up as much room in my pocket?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You may find this thread of interest: <a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/car-keys-different_topic318.html#.VCkFP_ldUTA" rel="nofollow">Car
Keys Different</a>

...and these regarding additives:

<a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/forte-dpf-cleaner-and-regenerator_topic557.html#.VCkF4_ldUTA" rel="nofollow">Forte
DPF Cleaner</a>

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/dpf-query_topic71.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi chaps, thanks for the replies.

I'm not going to use any additives at all, I was referring to the AdBlue which is required by certain diesels (and many HGVs) as I initially assumed I had the Pug diesel that needed it. Sorry for that confusion!

Reading the key thread seems I'm not alone feeling mugged! But again it's not the end of the world. Might see about getting s cheaper remote done in the future when I have more time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts