Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what lights are like on 2008 allure ecg diesel. Front bulb spec and how bright are they. Also what is panoramic roof lighting like at night? And reverse lamps.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Bulbs are reasonably good but can be improved.

Have a look here for some links:

<a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/bulb-change-to-led_topic305.html#.U_ocEfldWGw" rel="nofollow">Bulb
change</a>

The Panoramic roof LEDs are very nice at night.

Have a look here:

2008 Interior

PS: You'll find details of the reverse lamp in the Bulb change link above.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
bigbird25059815 said:
Than panaromic lights on the ceiling are the main selling feature for me!

...they're even better with blue footwell LEDs.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
2008MAN said:
So there is an H7 bulb for high and a separate H7 for low beam.

Dipped beam right; main beam left:

PS: This is with my new H7's installed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The LED Daytime Driving Lights are spectaular & one of the pettiest configiration I have ever seen on a Peugeot. I think they are very subtle & do not glare like some other makes like Audi etc.

I will have to try to install the blue LED lights for the foot well & is it easy to do??

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
bigbird25059815 said:
The LED Daytime Driving Lights are spectaular & one of the pettiest configiration I have ever seen on a Peugeot. I think they are very subtle & do not glare like some other makes like Audi etc.

I will have to try to install the blue LED lights for the foot well & is it easy to do??

Installing all the LED upgrades is easy.

Just follow the simple instructions in appropriate Thread: Bulb change

I'll be pleased to help if you get stuck or are unsure.

One thing to remember though DO NOT BE HEAVY HANDED!!

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've given details of the required bulb/LED in each of the threads according to application, including links to where you can obtain them.

If you're thinking of changing the footwell bulbs to LED then have look at that thread for all the details.

Al.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes I have seen a photo of the blue LED lights which looks awesome & can you do the same for the USB port light?

I am useless at such things & knowing my luck I would end up breaking something so I may not try it myself :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I haven't done the usb cubby light; but another member has.

Have a look here: <a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/usb-cubby-light_topic536.html#.U_uo1fldWGw" rel="nofollow">USB
cubby light</a>

PS: Unfortunately jonnyg30 never did post a 'how to' thread. Looks good though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The blue led lights look proper hardcore & I will endeavour to have a go. From what I have already established you have to be as nibble as acrobat from the circus to get down underneath the foot pedals to get to the light housing let alone try to change the light bulbs in question. How easy did you find it or perhaps I may ask Peugeot for I have a months interim service in September. I doff my cap to you Sir as you seem to the godfather of the Peugeot 2008 owners club
Simon

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
....maybe, only with the lights though....

Frank, Burty and others know more; but collectively we all try our best to help.

Now, down to the footwell lights......yes you do have to get on your hands and knees but it's very easy to do as the housing drops down on it's cable so actually changing the bulb to LED is very accessible.

Just make sure you insert the LED the 'right way round' as many LEDs are 'way sensitive'. If they don't work just remove them, turn and re-insert.

If you look at the pictures regarding the boot area LED change then you will see how the footwell housing comes out as they are a similar fitting.

Do not use any bare metal tips to prise any stubborn bulb out. Always cover any screwdriver/bradawl tip with a little insulation tape.

.....and remember....everything comes away easy...you do not have to force anything.

If you're near Rugby anytime I'll be pleased to help.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
LEDs come in many different colours.

If I had an 'R' type of car with red trim etc then I would go for the footwells in a red LED.

PS:....incidentally, if you are fitting an LED behind a coloured lens then you should fit a similar coloured LED.

You will see that I have fitted a Red stop light LED in the rear light cluster and an Amber LED in the rear turn indicators.

You can fit a white LED behind a coloured lens but it will not give such a good colour or brightness. You can fit any colour LED behind a clear lens.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ready. Steady
Go!
Just been told car has been built today. So wonder how long for delivery to N.Ireland. Then I will upgrade lights

1 - 20 of 20 Posts