Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up early this morning to visit some Solicitors to sort out a problem they were having. I don't know why they couldn't get somebody nearer to them, but then if the client they needed me to deal with is based in Exeter, I suppose it helps if somebody know the lay of the land.They have quite a few solicitors based near where I visited. Its obviously good business. I was pleased that they spoke English when I got there as it appeared I'd arrived in a very cosmopolitan district. I was hoping to hear some good Yorkshire spoken. I think they were surprised that I was one of them....nearly

Anyway I left this morning at 05.30 am for a 11.00 am meeting with a couple of people.
I went up in the TT as I thought I'd better show a bit of professionalism, they might grumble at my fee if I turned up in the Peugeot. Besides "madam" isn't happy with the miles I keep piling on it already.

It was nice to get into a car with a gearbox and a decent music system and it covered the 326 miles in just over 5.5 hrs including a quick comfort break. I parked on the main road near the market place. At first I wasn't so sure, thinking I might have been better coming in the Peugeot, as I might not have a car when I came out, never mind a set of wheels.

We had the meeting, struck a deal on the fee for two weeks work, a quick lunch in The Dominie Cross and then I headed home. Arrived back just after 8.00pm. The car went like a dream, avg 42mpg and it was good to get back in one piece.

Oh and this den of inequity I visited

The Solicitors were on Grove Street, Retford, Notts.

Know anybody on this Forum who comes from around Retford!!!.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can't believe you came here and didn't tell me!! Actually I was at work but that's not the point!

You could have done better than lunch at the Dominie Cross. Having said that, I had to get some stats from the area around there a couple of weeks ago and it looked like it was packed at 9am! They either do a very good breakfast or there are a lot of people around here with a drinking problem!

You did well not to get a parking ticket, we have very eager traffic wardens.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't tell you as I didn't want to frighten you and thinking I was coming to stalk you.

Anyway I didn't have your number and you were in work and Retford isn't exactly the smallest place and it din't look too friendly for a county boy like me.

The Dominie Cross was packed, some were eating I don't know what as I didn't know what I was eating either. There were quite a few drinking mind you it was lunchtime.

I didn't get a parking ticket as I was plying the warden with a bacon baguette with fries and a couple of beers...honestly

Who knows I may be back in a couple of weeks I'll keep you posted lunch is on you, or should that be me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Such excuses....

I've PM'd you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Who every said romance is dead was never in a Peugeot forum lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nothing nasty, I was just being nosey....

Anyway George, you PM'd me to wish me a happy birthday.... I opened it expecting to see a photo of you washing your car in your PJ's or something similar (as you had sent a PM rather than a public message) but there was nothing like that. Nothing!

(I know where your mind is now going George and before you go any further - STOP!)

Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kate,

I've PM'd you

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
George, ****, I don't want you to feel left out so I've PM'd you both
Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
398 Posts
:))))My mind cannot STOP...just changed the gear...and is not a cold gear knob :)))))
I cannot expose myself in pyjama, I'am here a (very small) public person and this could be the end of my career...so pyjama meetings are under a very rigorous confidentiality, so no photos or photographers are around :)))....
Romance never dies...just take different shapes...(no, Kate, not the gear knob shape :))) )

And stop "PM'ing" each other !!! :))))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts