Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi further to my earlier post LOST DRIVE, Allure Diesel Auto (EGC) 1600. Bought new Nov 2014, mileage 2,800 to date.

1st Dealer/Garage visit 27th March 2015, after two & half hours of checking, informed no faults found?? unable to explain why car lost drive, while trying to enter the M18 Motorway.

Sat 11th April 2015, Car would not pull from standing start, although drive was selected "N" was showing on dash. Eventually it engaged and I drove home. Took back to Dealer Mon 13th April, whereupon they contacted Peugoet incident line to find two inherent faults. (why did they not do this the first time)???. One fault was to do with a connector, selector switch/computer and other to do with the clutch system. They immediately took my car into the garage and gave me a loan car. 11 days on, my car is still in the garage, with the Service Receptionist keeping me updated, informing me, they are in constant communication with Peugoet. While sorting loan car I was informed another owner was also bringing in his car with similar problems???. Totally lost confidence and will be moving it on when I get it back. 23-04-2015 (post date).

Keith.R.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't blame you.

Once you lose confidence then the only way is a new car.

Must admit these reported faults are one of the reasons I'm changing (that and the fact I want to get back to a petrol engine as we do quite a few short journeys). Hence my new 308 1.2L Puretech 130 S&S EAT6 which is probably at the docks now, if it isn't already crossing the channel!

In fairness though, my EGC has been faultless.

PS: EAT6 auto transmission:

http://www.peugeot.com/en/technology/engines/eat6-automatic-gearbox

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I went to my local dealer last weekend as they had tempted me into the showroom saying that they could give me a good trade-in value for my 2008. I actually quite fancy the 308 SW GT Line. I asked about the GT which is only available as an Automatic. When I said, is it the EGC the salesman said "I know what you are thinking, but it's not, it's a full Auto". Says it all really.

·
Registered
273 Posts
And still my dealer says that its not a known fault and can only provide me with a software rerun to pacify me. My other posts say it all. ( I had thought that all the ecg/egc threads had been amalgamated)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I thought it better to take the financial hit now rather than wait until they bring out the Petrol engine + EAT6 in the 2008.

We need a petrol engine so it made sense to go for the 308 as it ticks all the boxes.

Must say it is a really beautiful car and I can't wait to take delivery, much as I love my 2008.

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
When I said, is it the EGC the salesman said "I know what you are thinking, but it's not, it's a full Auto".  Says it all really.
As I mentioned in a previous thread, this gearbox can be fine and provide a long and reliable life but way too many people have had issues with them in the C4 Picasso where the unit is quite prevalent, irrespective of whether it is fitted to the 1.6HDi, 2.0HDi or 2.0i 16v and its one reason when we bought our old car that we went for a 1.6HDi VTR+, it was the highest spec you could get with a manual. When we were getting part exchange values I got to the point of making it clear ASAP that it was a manual as dealers were all saying 'please tell me it isn't the semi-auto' and I know a few people who have had dealers refuse to part-ex their EGS (Citroen's name).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts