Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Feline for a week now and twice I've had a fan come on from under the bonnet that sounds like a small aircraft! It turns off when I switch engine off, but concerned there's something wrong! Anyone else had the same thing? Is this normal. Mine is the 116 ehdi model. Have emailed garage, but thought I'd ask the experts ; )

·
Registered
144 Posts
no not had this (same engine)best take to garage

grahame

·
Registered
184 Posts
Depopulation filter in regeneration mode.Its normal my 308 does it.When the addative gets added it makes the car run hotter.Google Dpf.Peugeot have a bag somewhere with a addative similar to Asblue.All to do with emmisions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Adblue

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had my 308 two years now,three year old in July,now done 24000 miles.Never had to be topped up yet.Heard it expensive.My DPF light has come on a couple of times but otherwise ok.Anyway my Feline should be here this week

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had to have the bag replaced on my 207 because it started to leak. I recall it was expensive but not £1000, I think nearer or less than £100. I think that stuff is something like £40 per litre.

By the way: On not quite the same topic I was reading about MoTs from 2014 will fail if the DPF is removed, which is a potential problem for me as we removed the DPF on my wife's 807 following persistent problems with the regeneration.

·
Registered
540 Posts
PSA's product is called EOLYS - the bag needs changing at 80k and the DPF at 120k (ish, depends on the model) - as has been said Peugeot and Citroen charge a fortune for this but it can be carried out inexpensively by 3rd parties - the fluid protects the DPF so running without it will necessitate a full DPF replacement.

As has been said, the fan running on is as a result of the car regenerating and not an issue; not sure if it's the same on the 2008 but on our C4 Picasso the heated rear window and heated mirrors come on during regeneration to increase load (and burn fuel) so some owners put an LED into the circuit by the wing mirror which illuminates when regenerating; I drive with the 'instantaneous' mpg showing which typically collapses to 18-25mpg for a couple of minutes during regeneration!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys - never come across this before - have had BMW for past 8 years.
Glad it's nothing to worry about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts