Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm have a peugeout 2008 GT line the last model(2020),
After cleaning the main i-cockpit screen, the screen became a bit faded, it seems that some protective layer was removed from the screen, possibly a protective layer against reflection
I attach pic with the issue, you can see the problem on bottom side of this pic,
Someone faced with this isse too?
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
After cleaning the main i-cockpit screen, the screen became a bit faded, it seems that some protective layer was removed from the screen, possibly a protective layer against reflection
I attach pic with the issue, you can see the problem on bottom side of this pic,
Any suggestions?
I faced with something like this.. I am going to buy this car but on the test drive car, I noticed some artifacts on the display, after that the seller manager was forced to say there are problems with it after washing. I think that even the official Peugeot didn't know about the issue. The seller said that they will fix it according to the guarante. For now, I don't know what to do:(
Did they fix it for your car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I faced with something like this.. I am going to buy this car but on the test drive car, I noticed some artifacts on the display, after that the seller manager was forced to say there are problems with it after washing. I think that even the official Peugeot didn't know about the issue. The seller said that they will fix it according to the guarante. For now, I don't know what to do:(
Did they fix it for your car?
Not yet. I'll go to an official car dealership on Monday, I'll update

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok.. looking forward to your updates...
are you happy with the purchase, besides this issue?
diesel or petrol in your car?
petrol.
great car. for petrol the performance is fine. if you need to choise taike only diesel.
In retrospect i had to taike diesel due the performance and fuel consumption.
beside these issues the car is amazing

·
Registered
3 Posts
petrol.
great car. for petrol the performance is fine. if you need to choise taike only diesel.
In retrospect i had to taike diesel due the performance and fuel consumption.
beside these issues the car is amazing
Thank you very much for your feedback

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not yet. I'll go to an official car dealership on Monday, I'll update
The official Peugeot dealership replace the screen dashboard according to the guarante.
they say that its not a first time that they faced with this issue (specific after cleaning actions).
So far so good. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The official Peugeot dealership replace the screen dashboard according to the guarante.
they say that its not a first time that they faced with this issue (specific after cleaning actions).
Think I might be tempted to just give it a dust with a clean soft microfibre cloth in future.Thats what I do with mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any suggestions?
Hi
I am having the same issue after cleaning the i-cockpit. How did yo get on at the dealership? is this covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's dealership decision if they want to fix it by guarantee.

In my case they fix it but guarantee. But they tell me that next time it will be charge from my side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, can I ask which dealership you went to with this problem? I put my 2008 in for a valet yesterday and has come back with the same issue but my local dealership have never heard of it before...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts