Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Major design flaw - Water ingress/ wiring

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MarkyTM 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone advise how water gets into the wiring “loom”? My 4yr old has issues with the NOX sensor. Having installed two replacements I am now being told water ingress into the wiring is causing NOX sensor to short. Needs a rewire after only 44k miles yet Peugeot can not advise how water could get into the wiring? Peugeot have since offered 50% contribution without explaining how water gets into wiring. Living in the UK we have rain -lots of it but by no means extreme compared to other countries. Offer suggests my 4 yr old car is halfway through the expected life of wiring in the Peugeot 2008. Worth noting.

#2 ·
Ghellie perhaps would help if you ad your vehicle deets to your signature strip (as I have done) including

Perhaps include the cost they've quoted you and if that's just for replacing the sensor (which may have a bad seal) or fr fully rewiring the car....which seems a little excessive.

Am also going to guess you have a 2017 car and that it's diesel?

Useful reading here:

One of the reasons I'll never buy a diesel again:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.