Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any married people with the aluminium gear knob noticed this damage??

my wife pointed it out to me today and having had the car only 3 days i was devastated!! I havn't been particularly rough with it nor was it some form of accident i just drove it like i would any other manual car in fact i have actually been as gentle as i can lol and my wedding ring has put loads of little dinks in the gear knob and there quite deep to say the amount of pressure that has been exerted on it by me. Im going to be really annoyed if i have to remove my wedding ring every time i want to drive the car to stop it from being damaged!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The simple solution would be to put a plaster on when you drive if you don't want to take it off.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was driving my car this morning wondering if should be an issue and came away with the conclusion that when pushing the lever forward I have it in the palm of my hand and when pulling back I do so holding the lever with my finger and thumb ends. I lost 3.5 stone last year, one of the downsides is that in cold weather I need to put my wedding ring on my middle finger (otherwise it slips off!) and when I do this it does come into contact with the lever when pushing forward.

I need to get my wedding ring resized!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's just a habbit to "hold" the gear stick and no matter how hard i try to just grip it finger and thumb i always end up just grabbing it as it's become muscle action now!!

I just take my ring off now when i get in it's much easier, the real point is i shouldn't have to remove or plaster up my wedding ring to prevent damage to the car lol i havnt had to do it with any other car i have owned just a slight annoyance really.

i have tons of micro-mesh lying around so i should be able to blend it all out.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is a common problem with alloy gear knobs. There isn't a huge amount that can be done to be honest.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive had one before and will admit it did get damaged but not so badly so quickly if that makes sense?

oh well, blend out the damage and remember to remove wedding ring from now on lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Aluminium gear knob issue number two..... I had a customer who bought a Honda S2000 and paid a lot of money to have the gear knob changed to an aluminium one. It was winter and he arrive back at the dealership asking us to replace the aluminium one with the original as it was too cold!Edited by: Geoffh

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i noticed it can be a bit on the chilly side on a cold morning but i can live with it because it looks cool lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get a box of very small dia. rubber bands and keep them in the car. Put one over your WRing when you get in. Many years ago I used a band like this to cover my dad's wedding ring which I wore after he died and got whacked at school because rings were against school uniform. Got the bands in Woolies then but they must still be available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts