Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

As my user name says, I'm from France (near the city of Lille, not far from the Belgian border). I've been reading your forum as a lurker and thought I'd join you. May I?

I've been to England several times (Shepperton, Nottingham, Sheffield and Bournemouth) to try to learn English when I was a child, latter to Ireland (mainly Galway) and have wonderful memories there.

Back to the Peugeot 2008, I ordered one last April which should be delivered next week. It's a Féline Titane 1,6 L VTi 120 hp, it will be replacing my current 308 that has the same engine in it and pleases me quite well. I don't drive a lot and hardly ever take the motorway so this engine is fine for me. It does consume a little too much but hopefully it'll do a bit better on the lighter 2008.

Please forgive me for my far from perfect English, I love this language but don't practice as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Olivier and welcome to the club.

Exciting days. Let us know your first impressions when you take delivery and post a couple of photographs for us to see.

Your English is excellent.

Al.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Allan

Actually, I'll be lucky if my car is delivered next week, there's been one week of delay and my dealer told me it could have been delivered on September. Peugeot wasn't expecting so many orders, especially on the Féline version, and is having a hard time satisfying all the buyers.

Over here, ordering a 2008 now means you'll have to wait until October, if not November. Many customers who ordered in April or May aren't so pleased with this situation, several of them hoped they could go on holidays with their new car and won't be able to do so. It's the price of success, Peugeot must now make everything they can not to disappoint their customers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Peugeot have a proud history of misreading the market.

Their finest hour was a few years ago when they prematurely announced 207 GTi Le Mans to celebrate their dead certain victory with the 908 racer. Unfortunately, Audi won...Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi and welcome along
<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

I think your English is actually better than mine!

I love France and have driven there several times, stopping off at Reims, Dijon, Orleans before reaching our destination - usually around the Sainte-Maxime, Sainte-Tropez areas. Missing it this year though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your kind welcome.

I might have some infos about the delay in delivery: someone on a French forum said his dealer told him Peugeot currently has two supply problems, leather and the diesel engine HDi 115. And it does appear that many buyers who ordered a Féline Titane HDi 115 (or an Allure HDi 115 with a leather interior) are suffering from the worst delays. Someone who ordered a Féline Titane HDi 115 in mid April has even seen his delivery delayed twice: first he was told his vehicule would be ready before the 12th of July, then the 8th of August and now September.

All the Access and Active versions were and are delivered in time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know about the leather (which comes from cows) but peugeot manufacture the engine themselves at 2 plants in Europe, so I can't see that's an issue. Ford use the same basic engine (with a different turbo and management) but make it under licence for their own use, so they don't impact on the supply chain.

I suspect they've simply miscalculated the demand.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don Bernard said:
I don't know about the leather (which comes from cows) but peugeot manufacture the engine themselves at 2 plants in Europe, so I can't see that's an issue. Ford use the same basic engine (with a different turbo and management) but make it under licence for their own use, so they don't impact on the supply chain.

I suspect they've simply miscalculated the demand.
You may well be right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it takes a little time for them to speed up. They did hire new crews but the production lines need to be (re)ajusted, the suppliers also have to increase their production capability, etc. Plus, the factory in Mulhouse closes in August (even if Peugeot wanted to keep it open, it would be impossible because annual maintenances are scheduled in August). So the real speed up and increase in deliveries will probably take place in September and October.

As for the 2008 beeing in the Top Ten, it's a little too soon right now (well, maybe not at the time beeing). Here's the list of the Top 10 selling cars in France for June 2013:

1. Renault Clio 4 - 11,432
2. Peugeot 208 - 8,933
3. Renault Scénic - 7,458
4. Renault Captur - 5,381
5. Citroen C3 - 5,347
6. Renault Mégane - 4,721
7. VW Polo - 4,582
8. Renault Twingo - 4,468
9. Citroen C4 - 4,462
10. Peugeot 3008 - 4,067

The 2008 is eleventh with 3,917 cars sold, but it should be in the Top 10 by July (and hopefully do better than its main rival the Renault Captur (which personnaly I'd rather not talk about
)).

We see very few 2008 in the streets (I haven't seen any myself) whereas some Captur are beginning to show up. What I see more and more is the 208, this car seems to be on its way to a very nice success.

PS. good news, my dealer called after lunch to tell me my car will arrive next wenesday

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Oops! Does that mean my 'Build Date' of 26th July and expected arrival of mid August is going to be delayed when the Mulhouse factory closes for holidays?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I don't know Allan. I know several deliveries are scheduled in August here, so there should be no reason your car does not arrive in time. Build date of 26th of July means it will be built by the end of July, the rest is only shipment

·
Registered
193 Posts
Olivier a belated welcome. I must admit I read your posts and thought oh dear as I ordered mine in June and was given early August. Beginning to sound familiar as a delivery quote I think. Today though I received an email telling me the car was built yesterday and is still on track for early August. An accessory list will be emailed to me next week when they have it. I am guessing to tie into the launch date.So early August, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered mine about a month ago and have a delivery date of 23rd August, hope it is not delayed too much as I am driving to the South of France end of September and would like to go in my new car! :)

Has an accessories list been published yet as I can find it yet, only the French version?

·
Registered
193 Posts
No not seen an accessories list yet, no email with it from the dealer. So far I have only looked at the French video and 208 price list. It's strange as I received an official Peugeot email thanking me for my order and asking me to look at the Accessory site. When you do though the 2008 is not listed. Still you can get a rough idea of prices with the 208, I hope...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm afraid you're right, no accessories list for UK yet, at least no official one.

When you go to
http://www.accessories.peugeot.co.uk/en-GB/home#
and select a vehicle, no 2008.

On the French website
http://www.accessoires.peugeot.fr/fr-FR/accessoires
and "Choisissez votre véhicule", the 2008 is right between the 208 and the 308 (last week, it was on the bottom of the list).

I guess it's a matter of days or weeks before the British website lists the 2008 and its accessories. In the mean time, you can still go to the French website to see pictures of the accessories (they should be the same everywhere in Europe). The one I miss the most is an armrest (I find it very convenient on my 308 and can't see myself without it).

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is great news, with people picking cars up this Forum can really grow with real time experience. So are you adding any accessories?

·
Registered
101 Posts
How exciting Olivier, not at all jealous
I agree with you about the arm rest aswell though, I am definitely going to miss that from my Mondeo. Enjoy you delivery

1 - 20 of 23 Posts