Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have two questions may be some one can help.
1) I have my ipod connected up to the 2008 media system and it works fine playing music. However when I use the little wheel on the steering wheel to go "forward" or skip a song (and also the arrow button on the media screen) it doesn't bring the song forward to the next song, it starts replaying the same song and I have to "flick" it again to move it to the next song. So I always have to do it twice.
Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just being thick (and not using it correctly??) !

I was trying to follow the manual for the media screen but it is not the easiest to follow!

2) I have my contacts list up on the media screen from my phone but I thought I could use the wheel to scroll down through my contacts ? So far I am having to type in the name to find the contact. I thought it would have been easier than that?

Any pointers would help ! thanks!
Gerard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try rolling the wheel the wheel the other way it sounds like you are rewinding rather than fast forwarding.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have to push twice , or roll twice depends how you word it, if you hold it, it will skip through the song, if you click once it seems to do nothing twice moves it to next track, if you do the same for going back the the first click puts it back to the beginning of the track you are on and one more click will take you to the previous track, when i want to skip a track i roll it 2 clicks, although sometimes it will skip 2. I also use an ipod and i had the same behaviour in my last car which was a chevvy. Does yours sometimes reset the playlist back to the first track on the playlist especially if you turn off and back on fairly quickly, or use the phone.

As for the contacts hold the list key on the right of the wheel for about 3 seconds this will bring up a choice on touch screen to either make a call from the call log on the phone or contacts, mine by default always comes up with the call log, you can use the same button on the wheel that we mentioned earlier to move forward and back with the tracks to go up and down this menu and push this button in to make your choice and then do the same on the next screen, if you only press the list button briefly instead of making a call you get a list of the songs which you can choose as above.

Hope this helps.Edited by: tontinuk

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You can use the screen control to move up and down the list also.....there's a slider on the right hand side.

If you can't see any contacts that may be because web addresses don't show; it just leaves a gap. Scroll down and the phone numbers will appear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
lochgarman said:
2) I have my contacts list up on the media screen from my phone but I thought I could use the wheel to scroll down through my contacts ? So far I am having to type in the name to find the contact. I thought it would have been easier than that?

I wish there was an option to program favourites. Scrolling lengthy lists while driving would be avoidable?

·
Registered
72 Posts
chribonn said:

look what i write previously

tontinuk said:
As for the contacts hold the list key on the right of the wheel for about 3 seconds this will bring up a choice on touch screen to either make a call from the call log on the phone or contacts, mine by default always comes up with the call log, you can use the same button on the wheel that we mentioned earlier to move forward and back with the tracks to go up and down this menu and push this button in to make your choice and then do the same on the next screen, if you only press the list button briefly instead of making a call you get a list of the songs which you can choose as above.

Maybe i should have said the call log lists all the recent calls made from the phone therefore if it is someone you call regular then this list is the easiest to use , i find the contacts very long with about 50 blank contacts and then my norm contacts, i would need to edit all my contacts etc to rectify this as i think with certain phones it reads the whole contact database as in multiple numbers and Facebook contacts blah blah. So i just use the call log, this is the same call log that is on your phone normally as call history, just for the record i use a HTC one X.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, thanks for the replies.
Regarding the IPOD resetting at the moment I think it just stops at the last song playing before I turn the engine off. My problem with the ipod is that I have 4 or 5 of the same songs being sung by different artists but the ipod has them ordered that way so I end up hearing the same song 5 times in a row! I must change the ipodsettings to album or artist and not song.

I sat in the car today before I turned the engine off and did a bit of messing with the IPOD and contacts list of the phone using the steering wheel controls.

A lot of what was said here applied but I found you have to flick/roll the little wheel very fast and slightly to skip forwardto the next song, a slightly longer roll of the wheel and you rewind the song. so its a very fine line between the length of the roll you apply on the steering wheel to either go forward or rewind and it is something I think you only get with practice.

Regarding contacts for the phone list- yes I held it for 3 seconds and it brought up the call list/contact list. I could then scroll up and down which is better. so its just getting to know it.

So it seems with the steering wheel controls if you press buttons once or hold them gives you different options; regarding the little roller wheel the length of roll you give (short/long roll) it also gives you options as well.

But you are right I have a huge contact list between facebook, emails etc so I think a bit of tidying up on the phone contacts list is in order.

The only another annoying thing I noticed was "contact sync list complete" always comes up on the screen when you are in the middle of reversing when the reversing sensors are working so I have to stop for a second until it clears!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts