Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Is there any other way of registering on My Peugeot without a vin number as I didn't receive any emails from Peugeot after ordering or is it certain dealers that do that ?

Discussion starter · #22 ·
A decent outcome for you John2202.

My salesman rang me this morning and asked me to forward the MyPeugeot email to him so his Sales Manager could look into the order situation.

When I rang later for an update I asked the salesman if it was indeed a mess-up, he could not tell me... but said the Sales Manager would ring me by 7pm.

Makes me think there is a problem...

No call received! - Will pop into the dealer tomorrow, & if the situation is as I suspect I will be armed with John2202's outcome & will look to re-order with park assist for free & thrash out a compensatory discount.

BTW - Can those of you who have already received your Feline Mistral confirm that heated front seats are standard - as stated in the brochure?

My 207SW was serviced/MOT'd only in summer so I can wait another few months if need be to get the car I really want.

As the wrongly ordered car is supposed to have been built last week there will be a Nimbus Grey Feline with a brown interior for sale somewhere in the next few weeks?

hi the heated seats are standard on the mistral trim (please double check with dealer if ordering)
the vehicle is £150 dearer than the calima trim

on the calima heated seats is an option at £150

STRANGE why not make it standard on both or option on both

johnhope the comp helps with the waiting

adyham if haven't contacted Peugeot to complain yet nows the time
hopefully alls well if not (like you say use johns out come)

GOOD LOOK ALL

SpinnerUK: Dropped an e-mail to Customer Services today to check my order and explain I never received an e-mail linking my order to my MyPeugeot account, which I already had. They confirmed my order, which thankfully is correct. Within the hour I also got a "Welcome to MyPeugeot" e-mail. Bit bizarre and must just coincidence as only my 207 is listed. So I don't know either I am afraid. If you find out, let me know!

John: I really feel for you. It must be very frustrating. I know how I
felt when my dealer finally admitted they have just completely forgot to
order the car in the first place. It is even more frustrating when it
is not your fault isn't it?

Anyone!!! : What I don't understand, and maybe someone more knowledgeable in
these things can explain, is why you have to re-order when you want to
change something on the car? I can't get my head around in these days of
high tech production lines as to why things like trim and extras and
even colour can't be changed anytime up to the point when the start
button is pressed for your order. Surely it is just programmed in at the
start and then the right trim installed and the correct moment? I can
understand major changes wanting a re-order as it may effect lead times.
But surely things like trim are just a straight swap, one for the
other?

Like I said, maybe I am oversimplifying things. I would be
interested to know though if someone does have an explanation! Did your
dealer explain to you John why it had to be re-ordered and not just had
the order changed?

Trevor ,

That's a good question, I can't understand why the order can't be changed if there is no build date etc. I wonder if it's down to having to make sure they have the appropriate parts in advance for the build.

Sam

Trevor
does seem a little odd

its not like your jumping the queueyour already in it

there building 500-1000 a week so cant imagine its parts

good question doubt we will get the answer

Hi TrevorB,Yes Trevor it's very frustrating to be honest, but the only choice i had was to accept the car with the wrong trim or reorder
The only explanation they gave was that it was too far down the order process to just change the order and that the car would need to be reordered, which i kind of knew to be honest.
At the end of the day it was just a genuine mistake by the dealer and he was as gutted as i was and i can't fault the way they dealt with it. I've got to wait a bit longer but it's only a car

I rang my dealer this morning to obtain the VIN number,

Then I was able to enter the MY Peugeot website and check the specifications of my order.
Thankfully it matches what I ordered...

I am hoping that my 2008 is available soon, its expected at the dealer on Monday, but I won't be collecting until the beginning of November.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
The Sales Manager has contacted me today and confirmed my thoughts...my order was submitted 9 weeks ago with the wrong trim!

We have arranged a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss the way forward......

Ok so tried contacting Peugeot customer services via email with regards to a login for My Peugeot and they have confirmed the only way of getting this is when a VIN number, no other way is possible.

If you already own another Peugeot and have an account online already they link the new order to it, otherwise it's a waiting game until you get the VIN so you can register.

hi spinnerour first Peugeot
couple off days after ordering the vehicle we received a welcome from Peugeot email with alink to my Peugeot
we didn'tuse this at first, but with some of the cock ups on some members orders, I thought id try and check, sogoogled my Peugeot ,entered the site, it asks for (email address) and the password, well couldn't remembereven if we had , so it gave you a forgotpassword option which I entered it then sent new a newto my email ,,,,I NOW HAVE ACCESS luckily my details are correct,

by the way I have no VIN number but it still shows what I've ordered

worth a go, hopefully you gave your email to dealer when ordering

grahame

Thanks Graeme however sadly didn't work for me....gave an error in french for some reason despite being on the uk site...oh wel

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Sorted!

Back from the dealer - I have re-ordered with a few extras - Park Assist, dealer fit CD Unit, backlit door sill protectors, boot sill protector, all for a small-ish adjustment to cost, after the original order mistake.

Delivery January?

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Almost there!

23 weeks after my 2008 test drive and stepping into the showroom to do the deal, ordering a car, waiting, finding out it's wrongly ordered, re-ordering and waiting again, then more delay sorting out the cherished registration transfer I will finally be collecting my car, appointment made for Saturday morning!

Yippee!

About time too
Picked mine up last Monday, i promise you it's worth the wait, loving mine

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Got it!

Discussion starter · #40 ·

Got it!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.