Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the car two weeks now and I am pleased with it ,however the following aggravating factors could have been addressed in the initial design

Front Drink Holder-Cant fit a bottle of water or fizzy drink,you need a can or small bottle

Windscreen Wipers: Wont clear bonnet,you need to park them before you wash the car

Radio: Wont switch off you have to mute it

Boot Mat:paid nearly 70 its cheap material it wont last

Visibility:Cant see the front, should have invested in the park assist,probably fit sensors now

Lack of storage-Especially for the handbook

Front seats allure not that comfortable

however I do like the car, what do you find aggravating with the car

·
Registered
217 Posts
i can agree with quite a few of those! although i have seen it advised from many different sources not to keep a handbook in the car, something to do with making your car easier to sell on if it is stolen or something like that.

the stupid "sticky strips" on the boot sill protector which were clearly never going to be up the job, i was proven correct after 1 day and that was with a full and proper prep of the boot sill before adhesion.

the fact peugeot charge £120 for the dog guard then package in a plastic bag with no protection what so ever between all the parts it was inevitable it would be damaged! but yet all my other accessories came really well protected.

not having a light ring around the ignition and a light in usb cubby area (although i have fixed the cubby hole issue)

the poor mass storage audio software was probably the largest disappointment to me, i had an mp3 player 10 years ago that had a more advanced music sorting system.

the fact i love the car so much i don't want anyone near it but me and i hate having to let the kids in it as they put muddy footprints on the back of the leather seats!!

other than those few things and none are really related to the physical car and driving aspect i'm over the moon with the car and it really has surpassed my expectations!

·
Registered
37 Posts
crappy dim single reversing light, no one touch on sunroof electric blind, no light around ignition barrel, the horn is pants really pants, thats about it from me

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Front Drink Holder-Cant fit a bottle of water or fizzy drink,you need a can or small bottle

Agreed, seems to be a common theme with small Peugeots other than the 807 we have I don't think any of the other Peugeot cars we have had (and that's quite a few) have had suitable cup holders capable of holding anything of normal size.

Windscreen Wipers: Wont clear bonnet,you need to park them before you wash the car

I suspect this is a consequence of trying to reduce drag.

I don't understand why this is a problem for so many. Surely muting is the same as switching it off?

Agreed, very expensive for what it is - seems a common theme with the accessories to be honest.

Visibility:Cant see the front, should have invested in the park assist,probably fit sensors now

Pretty normal for modern cars IME

Agreed. It's a common problem with RHD Peugeots.

<b style="line-height: 1.4;">Front seats allure not that comfortable[/b]

Feline Mistral seats seem OK, but could have done with a lumbar adjustment

however I do like the car, what do you find aggravating with the carNo solution for holding a mobile. - You would have thought that these days there would be a simple built in solution that doesn't require something stuck to the screen or clipped to an air vent.

Park assist button is in a stupid place.

Sat nav is disappointing. Post code support is poor. No mechanism to pre-plan routes. Ideally I would like a way to pre-plan a route on my phone or computer and to send it to the car.

Original antenna is too long/tall and Peugeot don't have a suitable solution (I made my own after finding aftermarket options poor).

A permanent live accessory socket would be nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When it has been raining, if you open the back doors the seats get a soaking! Drips off the roof and onto the back seat. Arghh!

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have lots of issues; allure hdi egc auto 1.6

EGC changes awful. Motion sickness caused by momentum of car speed when in auto
Tried EGC in manual too with and without foot off throttle. Same issues - heard many others have this. Called sailboating???

Audio system lacks cd player. Those not tech savvy find usb or media device mobile streaming difficult. NO MENTION OF NO CD PRIOR TI PURCHASE IN ANY LITERATURE

Boot very heavy to lift open. When wet its slips and slams

Lack of cup holder storage. Doors dont hold bottles well.

Front wipers poor. Leaves spike unclean in passenger side front windscreen distracting to drivers eye

Poor key barrel illumination.

Lengthy delay of lights in cabin dimming
When locking vehicle

Roof lights poor. Waste of time to driver as cant see whilst driving. Back passengers get best view

Unable to turn off radio or media screen

Cruise ctrl difficult to master

Hull assist; rolls regularly. Even using parking brake. Unless you stamp or pump brake it doesnt activate. Be nice to have icon light on centre dash or audio beep to confirm engaged

Car rocks in crosswind 20mph+

Poor chrome finish around windows on doors. Passenger hand cut once and arm scratched once

Engine buzz or hiss when locking. Wing mirrors fold but buzz continues for 10secs after.

Very poor seating. Side seat air bags quite lumpy n press into rubs. Hard and stiff. No lumbar support. Shoulder and neck ache

Poor ergonomics.

Heating controls too low. Eyes off road to adjust. Tapping button to chg heat cumbersome. Dials better.

Reach and rake wheel. Due to smaller wheel changing rake leaves gaping hole.

Constant cold hands when driving
. Poor position of fan heat. Dismal directional fans. Speed induced air leakage thru wheel rake stem. Ie if i drive 40mph+ cold air blows thru wheel stem hole on dash.

Electric window. Driver side hold to open fully stops about 1inch too short of full aperture leaving little glass lip

Had car about 6wks. Peugeot disgusting service. Dealership worse they happy as jst got money for car ot aftersales.

Hate the damn car. Its worst car i ever had and had a few but driven more. Thgt my 306 was great
Peugeot just not thgt bout this n rushed tbru manufacture leaving holes and leaks.

0 out of 5!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Most of that you could identify when sitting in a car in the showroom so it should not be a surprise.

The side airbags don't press into you, that's the seat holding you in.

Hill Start Assist DOES NOT work from the handbrake (parking brake) it only works from the foot brake

Roof lights are not designed for the driver to use when driving!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm no expert on car brochures but even I picked up on the fact that only the access+ has a cd player as standard. It clearly marked as an option on higher spec models.

I agree that uk spec models have poor front storage due to loosing the glove box for the fuse box and lack of a cup holder.

As for heating controls being out of view of the Road, every car I have ever owned has them positioned so you need to take your eyes of the road for a second!

However most of the other issues could easily be picked up at a lengthy test drive.....you are parting with thousands of pounds therefore surely you checked and checked again before ordering?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Firstly thanks both for creating the impression im stupid and these issues are mu own fault.

Firstly. I sat in the car in the showroom for approx 10mins without any ignition power. NOT what i would call long enough to see the seats arent comfy compared to a lengthy drive. The seat DOES dig into me and not HUG as you suggest.
As for the cd player i presumed most cars would still have as standard or has cd become an unwanted medium now. Agreed its less favoured over mp3.
The heating controls on my last vehicle were higher and much more clealy marked NOT small fiddly buttons with a small lcd display. Yes u would still take eyes off the road for a split second not several like with the 2008.
And FYI NO TEST DRIVE was available as there were no EGC autos in the UK available to order into dealers to drive. ONLY alternative was as passenger in manual 2008. Hardly useful now is it!

But thanks for your comments albeit somewhat blameful on my part and not the cars. Cant one have an opinion different yo others anymore?

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Electric window. Driver side hold to open fully stops about 1inch too short of full aperture leaving little glass lip"

I thought that was quite clever, if you push the window down switch again it goes right down, I never like it when the glass goes right down out of view..!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh fyi i didnt expect to USE the roof lighting i just would of thought it would have been darker blue and brighter like the dash surrounds suggest on videos.

Fyi i DONT use the handbrake for HSA. i HAVE to use it on inclines as the HSA doesnt engage and rolls with the 2 sec rule. Politely its USELESS.

Forgive me but i didnt think to check a 1inch glass window lip would be an issue when pressing and holding drivers elec window button!! I only realised when wanting to realised when wanting to rest my arm with window open in recent good weather! Hardly dipicts sunshine days sat in a showroom

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
chesternutz said:
But thanks for your comments albeit somewhat blameful on my part and not the cars. Cant one have an opinion different yo others anymore?
Not at all, a number of your comments seem perfectly valid (small glovebox is a theme on right hand drive Peugeot and Citroen models due to the fusebox being located here, lack of illumination for the barrel is also a poor oversight; this is the same on our Picasso and it's a pain) but unlike you I would wait to drive the actual car I was going to buy to be sure it was right for me, especially if your needs are exacting which they appear to be; there are plenty of EGC cars for driving now but that won't help.

The seats might dig into you but my point was it's not he airbag - it's the bolsters that are designed to 'hug' but they can be tight for some. I wouldn't worry about ventilation controls if you have climate, just set a temperature and press auto then leave it - I only touch my ventilation controls twice a year (apart from the screen demist) - in spring to drop it to 19C and late autumn to put it to 20.5C.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I fail to see where on any of the posts made were apportioning blame or making you out as stupid? Your opinion is valid, its exactly what it is an opinion! Same as mine which I am also entitled to.

As for a test drive not being available I would have waited until one was available for me spending so much money required more than ten minutes in a showroom. Again only my opinion.

Whilst I agree the 2008 may not be perfect but I think its a great car for the price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am a motability customer and waiting an additional 4 months just to test drive isnt of use. In hindsight i see my error now but the dealer didnt even offer an egc test drive in an alternative model.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
chesternutz You make some interesting observations, some of which are just a familiarity issue, although I accept that you have legitimate complaints, it seems that you may have bought the wrong car:

EGC changes awful. Motion sickness caused by momentum of car speed when in auto
Tried EGC in manual too with and without foot off throttle. Same issues - heard many others have this. Called sailboating???

Appears to be a common issue with the 92 bhp diesel. Search forum for 'Rocking'

Audio system lacks cd player. Those not tech savvy find usb or media device mobile streaming difficult. NO MENTION OF NO CD PRIOR TI PURCHASE IN ANY LITERATURE

Agreed but a review of the interior would indicate there is no CD. The car has support for USB, Bluetooth audio, iPod, other media players. The vast majority of people have dropped CDs as their media of choice for music. It's going to be increasingly common for new cars to come without CDs.

Boot very heavy to lift open. When wet its slips and slams

Not a problem I have noticed although finding the button proved a challenge initially.

Lack of cup holder storage. Doors dont hold bottles well.

Agreed

Front wipers poor. Leaves spike unclean in passenger side front windscreen distracting to drivers eye

Another problem I had not noticed. I can't see how the 2008 differs from other cars in respect of the wiper's wipe myself.

Poor key barrel illumination.

This appears a common complaint so there must be something in this. I'm not aware of any Peugeot's having an illuminated lock. I can't say it's ever been an issue for me personally.

Lengthy delay of lights in cabin dimmingWhen locking vehicle

This seems particularly trivial but I guess that is what this thread is about.

Roof lights poor. Waste of time to driver as cant see whilst driving. Back passengers get best view

It's a styling feature. You might as well complain that the roof lining is the wrong colour.

Unable to turn off radio or media screen

Why is this such a common complaint? The radio can be muted which surely has the same result as turning it off? What's the problem with not being able to turn the screen off? I think it is common that information screens in cars are always on.

Cruise ctrl difficult to master

That just requires a bit of practice. Turning it on, and off and adjusting speed is pretty easy.

Hull assist; rolls regularly. Even using parking brake. Unless you stamp or pump brake it doesnt activate. Be nice to have icon light on centre dash or audio beep to confirm engaged

(This is not something I can comment on.)

Car rocks in crosswind 20mph+

I think this is a common complaint in cars that are taller than traditional saloon cars.

Poor chrome finish around windows on doors. Passenger hand cut once and arm scratched once

You should complain. I'm not aware of any similar problems with the finish on my own 2008.

Engine buzz or hiss when locking. Wing mirrors fold but buzz continues for 10secs after.

Another trivial issue I suspect. Isn't this the DPF shut down process? (Our 807 runs for several minutes after being turned off).

Very poor seating. Side seat air bags quite lumpy n press into rubs. Hard and stiff. No lumbar support. Shoulder and neck ache

If you get shoulder and neck ache you are sitting incorrectly I suspect you need to adjust seat or steering wheel.

Poor ergonomics.

Heating controls too low. Eyes off road to adjust. Tapping button to chg heat cumbersome. Dials better.

It's dual zone climate control. I doubt very much if any car with climate control has a dial system. I think you'll find most cars have heater controls low down.

Reach and rake wheel. Due to smaller wheel changing rake leaves gaping hole.

Does it? This isn't something I've noticed

Constant cold hands when driving

I've noticed this so I move the vent, or switch the system to SOFT AUTO.

Poor position of fan heat. Dismal directional fans. Speed induced air leakage thru wheel rake stem. Ie if i drive 40mph+ cold air blows thru wheel stem hole on dash.

Does it? This isn't something I've noticed

Electric window. Driver side hold to open fully stops about 1inch too short of full aperture leaving little glass lip

That is annoying but with climate control I find I rarely drive with the windows open.

Had car about 6wks. Peugeot disgusting service. Dealership worse they happy as jst got money for car ot aftersales.

You should complain to Peugeot Customer service. My local dealers are awful too, but I have found that complaining to Peugeot and to the dealer normally gets a positive response.

Hate the damn car. Its worst car i ever had and had a few but driven more. Thgt my 306 was great
Peugeot just not thgt bout this n rushed tbru manufacture leaving holes and leaks.

I don't think this is the case obviously and I don't think your experience is common. Reviewing your complaints I would suggest that you probably have a legitimate complaint with the 'Sailboating' which seems to be a common complaint with certain models and potentially the Hill assist which other owners have had a problem with. If you have trim issues then you should complain. Also it seems that the seating position obviously doesn't suit you. Many of the other issues are just a problem of a lack of familiarity.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
217 Posts
chesternutz said:
Firstly thanks both for creating the impression im stupid and these issues are mu own fault.

Firstly. I sat in the car in the showroom for approx 10mins without any ignition power. NOT what i would call long enough to see the seats arent comfy compared to a lengthy drive. The seat DOES dig into me and not HUG as you suggest.
As for the cd player i presumed most cars would still have as standard or has cd become an unwanted medium now. Agreed its less favoured over mp3.

chesternutz said:

was there a reason you couldnt have power on?
did you ask for power on so you could have a play?
did you ask for an infotainment and car features demo?

the following is a link to the peugeot 2008 specs brochure easily available and found on the peugeot website. it clearly shows what models have/dont have/and can be equipped as an option with a cd player.
http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-2008-prices-and-specifications-brochure-1.pdf

·
Registered
19 Posts
In hindsight i admit the cd lack prob my own fault 4 thinking std.

But battery dead in showroom. No offer of demo. Rtnd yest for seevice. Sales guy cldnt even manage a hello!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You should complain to the dealer management or to Peugeot.

All may not be lost on the CD .As the optional CD player is a dealer fit it may be possible to add it later.

·
Registered
153 Posts
petes01582 said:
I had the car two weeks now and I am pleased with it ,however the following aggravating factors could have been addressed in the initial design

Front seats allure not that comfortable

however I do like the car, what do you find aggravating with the car

I agree with many of these. Search here and you would find a list we had compiled a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts