Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,Having had the car for 2 months now I have found a few minor niggles.
Firstly now the dark nights are here, I have found the reversing light is next to useless. I reverse on to my drive to save getting blocked in in the mornings and the illumination is far from adequate, Also I think it would be either better on the offside or a lamp either side.
Next is the radio, I would much prefer to have to switch it on when I needed it than to have to switch off when I started the car, gives you a bit off a shock at 5 am!!.
I would also prefer the stop / start to have to be switched on, rather than have to disable it.
Only minor things I know but also annoying.
Anyone else have any minor niggles!!.
Other than these I am over the moon with the car, Its looks/ driving/ comfort and economy are excellent.
Regards,
MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Mick, you may find this thread helpful regarding the reversing light:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/reverse-rear-fog-light-to-leds_topic206.html

...and there is an upgrade for the radio due out any day now so that it stays off.

Al.

PS: You can see the standard bulb/6X (30W) LED comparison photos on page 6.

I'm awaiting delivery of the 12X (60W) LED which should be with me in a couple of days and I'll post another comparison photo.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Allan,I have read your posts on upgrading lights and wondered if you would considermaking a table of the final results of your findings
It is a bit of a pain trawling through all the different threads and I thought maybe putting them all together in one post might be a good idea.
The trouble I have with the reverse light is that it is on the nearside which illuminates nothing on the drivers side. I now reverse with my foot on the brake pedal so that I get some light from the brake lights!!. Not ideal I know but at least I know where I am going.
MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Have you tried switching on the rear fog light to help illuminate the drivers side?

I found the spread of light was better with the LED. Let's see how the results are with the 12X.

Good idea about consolidating the alternative LED swaps.

I'll see to that after the new findings plus I'll be looking at improving the rear indicators with LED also.

They are so tiny. How a HGV driver's eyes see them when they're 10 feet high I don't know!

Al.

PS: With the LED threads I would suggest starting at the final page and working your way back.

The first pages are all the searching, trial and error which, although fun, have cost time and money to get towards a result (not to mention a few scrapped knuckles!).

The other benefit with the individual threads is that I was able to show some 'How To Do It' pictures for the folks keen on upgrading their lights to LED.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Allan.Point taken about the show you how pictures, but it would be nice to be able to look in one place and get the bulb sizes and then refer to the picture thread when ready to fit. Not a moan but if ordering 2 or 3 sets of bulbs and being able to go to one thread for the info??.
I am an HGV driver and you would be surprised what you can see from the higher driving position!.
MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
...I'll do it after the next reversing light test.

Al.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Allen,I am sure that I am notalone when I say thanks for your posts. It will certainly save a lot of time/money and exasperation for all the other forum members. I appreciate all the efforts you have put into your posts to make life easier for everyone
Best wishes,
MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hey Mick, no worries.

I took it on board myself and I enjoy doing it. Just hope I don't advise anything that cause folks a problem.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Niggles:

Cup holders are too far into the dash and can't be used if you have anything plugged into the USB sockets or power sockets.

Roof mounted aerial is too high :)

Parking sensors are too conservative.

Display system takes too long to start up (i can get the car started and reversed out of the garage before the parking sensor display is visible).

Sat nav destintion entry is clunky (needs full postcode entry). Turning on and off points of interest is too deeply embedded in the menu structure. Traffic alerts don't seem to respect the distance settings (I'm not convinced they are all that accurate either).

Telephone control relies too much on touch screen (it should be possible to make a call from contacts without using the touch screen, but this doesn't appear to be possible).

(Some of this may be my finger trouble)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Oh and a non-querty keyboard entry on sat nav makes life harder than it needs to be (why not have it as an option?)

·
Registered
68 Posts
you can make calls from your contacts using the buttons on your steering wheel, and yes i agree with the cup holders

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
danny149 said:
you can make calls from your contacts using the buttons on your steering wheel, ..

How?

Can you walk me through it? I can't work it out and couldn't find anything in the manual.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you press in the button with the telephone on for a couple of seconds and options come up on the touch screen with contacts or recent calls and you can scroll through using the scroll wheels (the one on the right if i remember) and the ok button is one of your scroll wheels (the one labelled OK) but you have to push it in - i am sorry it is a vague description but i cant remember off the top of my head, all of the buttons are labelled and when i am next in my car i will post a proper explanation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI. I just took my 2008 back last weekend to have a update done for the media ( radio,music, iPod) so that it does not come on when you turn the car on only when you want to, it is not really a on off as such but the pause will stay pause until you un pause it hope this help, still waiting for updates for sat nav.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
danny149 said:
you press in the button with the telephone on for a couple of seconds and options come up on the touch screen with contacts or recent calls and you can scroll through using the scroll wheels (the one on the right if i remember) and the ok button is one of your scroll wheels (the one labelled OK) but you have to push it in - i am sorry it is a vague description but i cant remember off the top of my head, all of the buttons are labelled and when i am next in my car i will post a proper explanation.

OK thanks.

I was pressing the button with the picture of the telephone on it and it always just put me into a different selection screen. I am sure I tried a long press but maybe not long enough. I shall try again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi mick d
small niggle
spend ages trying to put key in ignition (in the dark) cant see a thing

first drive home after work in the DARK.
--------------------------------------------
BIG NIGGLE reversing light
, something's going to have be done as trying to reverse in Devon country lanes in the dark is almost impossible as reverse light almost non existent . we cant avoid these journeys(shouldn't have to) its our route from work to home
so contacted dealer (awaiting reply)
something will have to be done or wife says car will have to go
as its just impossible to reverse safelyin lanes in the dark (some 3 mile journey in lanes may result in reversing 3 or more times , sometimes just back into gateway but other times 400 500 or more meters) this is no fun

watch this space

·
Registered
144 Posts
Al
awaiting your findings of this new lamp , the present reverse light lights the ground but not much of the surrounding hedges etc
let us know if the new lamp spreads the light further afield and upwards or is it just more of the road
hoping for a easy fix
grahame

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The 6X was a big improvement so I'm hoping the 12X will a lot better.

I'm really looking forward to testing it.

Very easy fix as it takes less than 1 minute to do. If anyone fancies a ride to Rugby I'll do it for them.

Al.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts