Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the minor but annoying thread.....
4 days of ownership and I must report some minor delights.
Looks - I think it looks fantastic and I have already had 4 previously unknown people praise it. Comments including 'it looks very executive' and rather embarrassingly 'you must be doing well'.
Ride quality - It really is very comfortable and I believe a perfectly judged suspension setting for UK roads.
Economy - Pulls 6th gear easily from below 40MPH and a stop start system that makes me smile every time (and I've used eco lots! one trip alone thecounterregistered 31 mins in a 60 min trip across Birmingham)
Toys - Many delightful things, the huge sun roof, better than expected satnav, hill holder, lovely supportive heated seats, big boot for a small car, dash layout, quality feel of small steering wheel, gear knob and hand brake.

I enjoyed looking forward to it, I love owning it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've not driven ours much as the cabin is a bit of a squeeze for a chap of my size, but I must agree that the ride and damping is a.superb compromise, and the handling is just so. A pleasant little car to Chuck around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi Itsi,As the perpetrator of the annoying thread I would just like to point that I also praised the looks/ economy and comfort of the 2008.
I suppose that people will always find little things they are not happy with, but overall I am delighted with her.
As you say the fuel economy is outstanding, the ride very comfortable and she looks beautiful.
Washed and polished her yesterday and what happens?? rain!! makes you wonder why you bother.
Even thought about ringing the wife to catch the bus home instead of mucking the car up
MickD.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"Even thought about ringing the wife to catch the bus home instead of mucking the car up
."

MickD.

O' DEAR, there speaks a brave man. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts