Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
So I´ve searched and I´ve searched... still no luck.
I´ve just bought a 2008, 2015 years model, built in August for Swedish market.
One of the benefits thatI saw while taking the decision to go for Peugeot 2008 was the touch screen SMEG functionality with the possibility for both Mirrorlink and CarPlay.

Unfortunately, the manual only describes media sharing from Apple phones. According to Peugeot homepage mirrorlink should be supported... I thought this shouldn´t be anything difficult.

Once I´ve got my car, I realized that my phone was too old - Homepage says Samsung S5 - I only had a S4. Peugeot Mirror Screen® | Connectivity | Peugeot UK

So... I've bought a new (old version today) Galaxy S5phone to make sure that it was supported. However, still.. connecting my phone over usb does not activate any mirrorlink.

My car is a Peugeot 2008 Active - no gps system. I´ve updated the firmware to SMEG_PLUS_UPG_5.4.B.R6 but it doesn´t really matter.

The main thing that I am looking for is the possibility to run spotify over the certified app RockScout... Why is it not working??
Nothing really happens when I connect my S5, it is not even recognized as an USB device in SMEG. The phone however, does recognize the Connection and allows me to activate mirrorlink even if it doesn´t start automatically (need to enable it from settings of my Galaxy S5). Iam alsoablestart RockScout and choose spotify, since the phone doesfind the usb Connection, but nothing ever shows on the SMEG touchscreen. At the moment it means that the only possibility thatI have, is to stream the mediaover Bluetooth frommy phone. IfI need the touch possibility I´ll need to use the phone and not SMEG.

I´ve seen that it should be possible to even stream video -
, amI missing something or what is wrong?

Bluetooth streaming works fine, but I want to be able to Control the app from SMEG.

To sum it all up: I just want to be able to select spotify lists from the touch screen.

Edited by: jbrandell

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the same problem! Im new to android phone... With my apple phone it works straight away and very good too but now that my latest phone is android ideally i want to use it with the car!! ! ˜­˜­˜­

1 - 2 of 2 Posts