Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my Peugeot dealer changed on of the rear tyres to a newer HD blue summer tyre. All of the other wheels have Goodyear crossclimate on them. The other rear tyre is due to be replaced soon. Is OK to have 2 all season on front and summers on back? Or will it lead to steering problems in snowy/icy weather?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have read somewhere that different tyres on front compared to rear can cause issues with inflation sensor? grip control? - because tyres may be slightly different diameters. As for a different tyre on ONE wheel - I'd have thought the dealer wouldn't be allowed to do that? My experiences in OZ anyway. Get some other opinions before you act on mine! Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as I'm aware as long as the tyres are the same size on the same axle then there is no legal reason to worry,
if the car had 4 tyres the same size from new then they should all be kept the same size when replacing only 2.
if you replace all 4 tyres then you could (in theory) go bigger or smaller.

in your case a different make should be ok, but assymetric (marked "outside" on the tyre wall) and "ordinary" must not be mixed
also in my experience cars do perform differently on summer to winter tyres.
If worried I'd talk to your local independant tyre centre for their opinion as the Peugeot dealers are not tyre "experts" and the major tyre companies branches might say you need to change just because they want to sell you some new ones.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When I purchased my car last year the trader had changed the front worn front all season (GY Vector All Season) tyres and slapped on new standard GY tyres, it sailed through MOT before I purchased

As a FWD car with grip control I opted to change them out on delivery for new GYVAS, think I paid £85 each fitted, I then sold the two tyres with over 7mm of tread to a local used tyre place for £60, so the change cost me £110.

Yes the only issue is mixing them on a single axle, also (IIRC) I believe that each side must be within 2mm of the other or it's an MOT fail...so doesn't sound like you've got any issues.

Personally if it came fitted from the factor with All season tyres your dealer has incorrectly fitted a summer tyre on the front when all three others were all season. So I'd be taking it back to them and asking them to fit the correct tyres to match the others. Esp if your cr has 'Grip Control'

Note that Michelin make Crossclimate tyres, Goodyear make Vector 4season, so you are mixing your words/brands a bit :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts